PDA

View Full Version : I'm having trouble

Bones920
12-21-2004, 04:04 AM
I've read most of two plus two's books on hold'em, Phil Gordons book, Mike Caro, Texas Dolly, and a couple others. I check my odds and count my outs but it seems like I'm still getting beat on a daily bases. I am only playing on line and some home tourneys with friends and family. Should I try out a cardroom somewhere and see how I do with strangers at low limit or should I just accept the fact that maybe I'm just not cut out to be a good Hold'em player?

ipp147
12-21-2004, 04:57 AM
wrong forum but, post a couple of hands you are not sure whether you played correctly in the micro-limit forum (under limit on the left).

You are doing something wrong either pre or post flop if you are not beating low limit hold em

phixxx
12-21-2004, 04:57 PM
Well, because of the lack of visual information, to really play the game well you have to log ALOT of hands. Only then will you able to recognize certain betting patterns that you really need to pick up on in order to be sucessful in online poker. It seems as though you are really lacking experience, just keep playing micro limits and reading 2+2.

Easy E
12-21-2004, 04:59 PM
count my outs but it seems like I'm still getting beat on a daily bases

Poker works better without the bat and glove.

jaxbanker
12-23-2004, 01:19 PM
Each time you play online ask for a hand history to be emailed to you. Do this every time you play. Paste the hand history from html into a Word document. Next, sort the hands you played two ways. First, those hands in which you folded preflop. Compare these hands to any of the various starting hand requirements that you have read. Starting hands are easy - you're either playing the right hands in the right position or you're not. Second, print out and analyze in detail those hands that you played. Count the outs, assess the pot odds, implied odds, pot equity, etc. This will take a while, but will be a great learning experience. For these hands, you either hit the flop with a made hand or you have a draw. I find when I do this that I tend to play weak draws too far or stay in too long with an overpair. Also, play the lowest buy-in tournaments that you can, but play tight and aggressive. Good luck.