PDA

View Full Version : Raise this OESD from EP against a paired board?

Knoler
12-21-2004, 03:48 AM
I'm occasionally fuzzy on when I should be jamming the pot with a strong draw.

Pros: I have 8 outs to the nut straight, barring someone fishing the backdoor flush. I have 3 customers.

Cons: Paired board.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero ???

Thoughts?
Thanks,
-Brian

milesdyson
12-21-2004, 04:17 AM
Check. If a bet would fold these three often enough it would be worth it, but how often does that work after you get three callers on a disconnected rainbow board?

Roadstar
12-21-2004, 04:32 AM
I agree check it. Your odds to draw for the gutshot is only correct if the guy to your left bets and everyone calls (so you have an 11BB pot). By checking you also see if anyone may have 9Ts or even JTs (althought I suspect they shouuld have been more action on the flop).

By betting, you could get raised by 9Ts and you would unlikely to get enough callers (to call 2 cold) to warrant a draw to the nut straight.

davelin
12-21-2004, 04:37 AM
Check/call

Knoler
12-21-2004, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree check it. Your odds to draw for the gutshot is only correct if the guy to your left bets and everyone calls (so you have an 11BB pot). By checking you also see if anyone may have 9Ts or even JTs (althought I suspect they shouuld have been more action on the flop).

By betting, you could get raised by 9Ts and you would unlikely to get enough callers (to call 2 cold) to warrant a draw to the nut straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what's going on up there, but I'm not drawing to a gutshot, I've got an open ended straight draw (8 outs) and two overcards (6 outs to top pair, which may or may not be good).

Regards,
-Brian

Knoler
12-21-2004, 09:23 PM
Cool. I did check, as it turned out. Here's the rest of the hand -- does anyone try to checkraise on the river since MP3 showed strength on the turn?

At the time I decided I wanted to be sure and get my two bets in.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

**See original post for Pre-Flop and Flop action**

Turn: (7 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds.

River: (10 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Regards,
-Brian