PDA

View Full Version : Bit too excited for KK

trentcroad
12-21-2004, 03:44 AM
Button is TA-A
How was my play here?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (17 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (17.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 20.50 BB

Peter Harris
12-21-2004, 04:31 AM
so given the PF/flop action you put the opponent on AA or JJ postflop? if you did, you should fold the turn as you don't have odds to draw to 2 outs.

davelin
12-21-2004, 04:46 AM
I think when the Q hits you can pretty much say you're done this hand.

trentcroad
12-21-2004, 05:07 AM
They were my thoughts exactly.
Thanks for the comments guys

wcsherry
12-21-2004, 05:09 AM
what did the villian end up having?

JJ, QQ, or AA?

jinyk
12-21-2004, 06:25 AM
Yeah gotta fold that on the turn. Just happened to me a while ago. A bit easier for me to fold, but I had to lay down QQ to a turn raise after capping PF and Flop when...

Flop: T 7 5
Turn: J

Thought the villian would act exactly the same way with AA KK QQ JJ TT, and the best I could hope for was a chop so bye bye pocket QQ to a bet-out and raise. Side note: Even worse, a villian2 with KQ stuck around to beat villian1's set of J with a 9 on the river. Classic.

Back to you /images/graemlins/smile.gif Math is something like this if you have villian figured for a better hand where your outs are just the 2 Kings. Starting off, the odds are 22 to 1 with 2 outs. Even if you think CO will call you're only getting 16.5 to 1. If you spike that K on the river you might only be able to extract an extra 3 BBs, super optimistically you might get both the CO and Button to call down for a combined 6 bets but that still only barely covers the odds you are given. Then there's the discounts. Why is CO still in the fight? Perhaps he has one of your K's in a AKs and is praying for a A or K. At least you have the spade and diamond covered so that the K that comes won't complete a flush. But at the same time, a bit of a discount has to be taken into account for the rare times AsTs or AdTd is out there and the K kills you by completing their straight. Taking these discounts, I would give your odds at something like 25 to 1. Just ain't worth it.

trentcroad
12-21-2004, 08:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what did the villian end up having?

JJ, QQ, or AA?

[/ QUOTE ]

AA, its always the way.

DeuceHigh80
12-21-2004, 09:33 AM
What was CO calling all the way with? He looks like a good candidate for your buddy list. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

HesseJam
12-21-2004, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that? Please elaborate.

OrangeKing
12-21-2004, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that you have to put the villain on a big pocket pair at that point, and now JJ, QQ and AA all beat you, and only KK chops with you. Not a good situation at all.

davelin
12-21-2004, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The most likely hands that make sense given Villain's actions pre-flop and flop are AA-JJ. Hero is only ahead of QQ going into the turn before another Q pops up.

frank_iii
12-21-2004, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The most likely hands that make sense given Villain's actions pre-flop and flop are AA-JJ. Hero is only ahead of QQ going into the turn before another Q pops up.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's also ahead of AK which I see quite often in these situations. Without a read on CO, I'm almost afraid he has QJ or Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

edit: Actually, was this me on the button? I don't have pt in front of me but I remember an almost exact hand from last night where I had AA. /images/graemlins/cool.gif