PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 Party.. no longer Small Stakes?

arabie
12-21-2004, 03:34 AM
I posted on this forum to get some experienced 5/10 players advice.

Anyways, I recently moved from 3/6 to 5/10 and noticed a huge gap in the quality of play. I went back through SSH the other day and noticed that the advice isn't really specifically targeted to the games i'm currently playing in. The book is still great and extremely usefull, but what are the necessary play adjustments in moving up to this level. Anyone who plays party 5/10 and has some advice on what are the correct strategies, or what is the best reading material for this level. I've already ordered HEFAP... will this help?

sthief09
12-21-2004, 03:41 AM
I made a post titled "party 5/10 winrates" a couple of weeks ago. it was a good thread. try to search for it

Evan
12-21-2004, 03:42 AM
SSH is absolutely perfect for the 5/10 on Party. Reading HEPFAP is cool, I have, but SSH is much better for that game.

Evan
12-21-2004, 03:43 AM
Post deleted by Evan

Schizo
12-21-2004, 03:49 AM
Here is a tiny

http://tinyurl.com/4ncpy

Chuck Weinstock (sp?) really needs to fix that

pindawg
12-21-2004, 03:55 AM
Some people jump up levels and lose money not because the competition is tougher, but rather they start playing weaker because

1) they have concious thoughts about the new level being hard to beat with tougher competition

2) have subconcious thoughts that they are playing with scared money, and they have fears of failing at the new level

If you're comfortable with 3/6, go back to it. If your bankroll permits, on a day when your running good and have good confidence, take a stab at the 5/10s keeping your same mindset.

Imagine you have two football teams. One football team is coming off a 4 game winning streak, and the other is suffering through a mediocre 2-10 season, even though they have solid players, they just cant ge ttheir [censored] together. The winning team is going to be confident that they are going to crush the losing team. The losing team is going to go into the game wanting to win, but in the back of their heads they will have a fear of losing. That fear will prevent them from winning the game, because they expect to go out on the field and be outplayed by their oppenents.

To be a winning player at any level you must have a confident, winning mindset and the rest will fall into place if you're solid at what you do. The level of play difference between 3/6 and 5/10 levels is modest, but the 5/10 is very beatable if you're steadily beating 3/6, and have the right mindset.