PDA

View Full Version : Aggressive enough?

CNoyes
12-21-2004, 02:59 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (5.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO calls, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

River: (10.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Should I have bet the river? I didn't because I figured any queen beats me, and I think people would only call if they had me beat with the queen or a set.

mr pink
12-21-2004, 03:05 AM
there are only 2 opponents, sharing 4 cards between them. there are only 4 queens in the deck. could one of them have a queen? possibly. is it likely given the way the hand played out? not really.

i'd bet the river and fold to a raise.

btw, next time don't show the rest of the action. you didn't know it was going to get checked through so neither should we. it taints the responses, next time just but "hero ????" and kill the post there.

Cardzy
12-21-2004, 03:15 AM
Personally I would have folded this pre-flop. But since you didn't and hit two pair like you did, I think you played it fine except I would have bet the river.

mr pink
12-21-2004, 03:17 AM
yeah folding preflop is usually a good idea w/ ATo, it makes a good second best hand way too often.