PDA

View Full Version : hands like this suck

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-21-2004, 02:36 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG checkraises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (9.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG checkraises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB

Freakin
12-21-2004, 02:42 AM
Um, 3bet the flop? You have TPTK. Is this guy like uber-TAG or something? It appears to me that he was testing the waters on the flop, and you told him that you have jack [censored]. Seriously, what was your read on this guy at the time?

Freakin

DrGutshot
12-21-2004, 02:50 AM
He was calling with intent to raise the turn to maximize value...

-DrG

Freakin
12-21-2004, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He was calling with intent to raise the turn to maximize value...

-DrG

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm smart. I totally knew that....... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Don't you think YHIG at least 1 in 10? I wouldn't feel comfortable letting this hand go for one bet at the river.

Freakin

DrGutshot
12-21-2004, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm smart. I totally knew that....... /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Don't you think YHIG at least 1 in 10? I wouldn't feel comfortable letting this hand go for one bet at the river.

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean to come across as arrogant /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I know that I almost never let this go on the river. That being said, I have been consumed by the "YOU'RE GETTING 432565433:1 YOU HAVE TO CALL STOOPID" mentality that is so often pushed here on 2+2. I wish I knew if this call is actually + or - EV.

For what it's worth, I pay this river off 99% of the time without a read.

-DrG

marand
12-21-2004, 08:54 AM
I would probably 3-bet the flop, but I think waiting to raise on the turn is fine.

I would call on the river without feeling bad about it.
12-1 odds, sure I am most likely beaten, but I don't feel 92% sure about it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I guess you could fold here if you have a VERY sure read on the player... but I would never feel so sure about a read.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Yeah I dunno, it was close. I don't think I've ever been double checkraised on two nonconsecutive streets by someone with just one pair though.

Luv2DriveTT
12-21-2004, 09:05 PM
Call the river check raise! Why did you fold? What if he was bluffing or had a weaker Ace? Yes, its possible Villain had a set, or 2 pair... but you MUST call in this situation.... it will be (barely) profitable in the long run.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif