PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 Common hand

Freakin
12-21-2004, 01:27 AM
I'm pretty new to 6max, so I was wondering how my line was on this hand.

UTG pretty laggy (65/20/2). Button is new, but pretty fishy (66/6/.4).

Hero is CO w/ AKo

UTG Raises, 1 fold, Hero Raises, Button calls, Blinds fold, UTG calls.

Flop (3 players, 10.5 SB)
2, 10, 7 Rainbow
UTG Bets, Hero Raises, Button calls, UTG Calls

Turn (3 Players, 8.25 BB)
8 /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG Checks, Hero bets, Button calls, UTG folds

River (2 Players, 10.25 BB)
Hero Bets

Is that totally off? I felt like Button would call down with any ace. I thought UTG probably had a decent ace, or a low PP (though it seems unlikely he would fold it). How often will a river bet like that work against a fish on a low board?

Freakin

Freakin
12-21-2004, 04:22 AM
Come on, just one response?

Freakin

sublime
12-21-2004, 04:56 AM
i think the button has some pair.

rasing the flop is fine, but when button calls two cold you have to assume he has something and should probably check the turn.

marand
12-21-2004, 09:07 AM
I would never bet the river there.
A pair is not going to fold if he didn't fold on the flop or turn.

I would probably check the turn since the button called two bets cold. But if he is the type of player who ALWAYS call the flop, maybe it can be correct to bet the turn.

Quindle
12-21-2004, 09:54 AM
Give it up on the turn; you missed your hand. Having got to the river you have to check. Button either has an overpair or AT (I'd say JJ is likely) and will bet it and you will call and lose, or has an underpair (66) or ace-high in which case he will check behind and you have to hope it's AQ/J.

I would be very comfortable with check-folding this river. My only slight concern would be whether 66/55 type hands would fold if I bet having missed their set and gutshot straight.