PDA

View Full Version : 3 for 3, CRing, blind defense

mikeyKay
12-21-2004, 01:19 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 17.25 BB

cap turn, cap river, dont defend?

-mike

naphand
12-21-2004, 04:53 AM
Easy defend, HU with a hand that holds up plenty against big card when it hits.

The flop is not so good for you, the A makes you hand worth a kit less so take the cheap option and see what Turn does. You have a backddor and bottom pair on A high flop, it's not a great hand but certainly worth continuing with. Raising is not so bad if you believe MP with PFR without a decent A (obviously KQ, KJ, QJs etc.) but you don't say). To raise this flop I definitely want some idea of MPs PF standards, otherwise you are chip spewing.

Turn is a very good card, ideal opportuniy to CR, after the 3-bet I think you are are beat. That 7 is somewhat scary as it co-ordinates a lot of hands, given MP may be 3-betting your "pair plus flush draw" hand, you should call and you have outs to fill up.

Raising the River is completely dumb. Bottom 2-pair really is not that great a hand.

MP has trips or Aces up at least.

marand
12-21-2004, 09:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy defend, HU with a hand that holds up plenty against big card when it hits.

[/ QUOTE ]

For me this defend is borderline, it would depend on how tight the raiser is.
Would you also play 76s? 65s? 54s? 86s? 75s? 64s?

naphand
12-22-2004, 09:50 AM
I would consider suited connectors down to 56s depending on the player/s involved. 78o is playable here HU against a player who will bet overcards aggressively. In another game I might make T9o my bottom line, but 78s almost always getting 3.5:1. These odds will cover you for the hands you would have won with but could not play past the flop. You are about 60:40 or a touch worse against an MP raisor, but playing after the flop can be fairly straightforward, you will need to be aggressive and a have some kind of read.