PDA

View Full Version : Part 1: Isolating the LAG on my right: AJo

milesdyson
12-20-2004, 11:37 PM
Guy to my right is pretty laggy - especially on the flop. AJo happened one hand, TT hand the next. Hence parts 1 and 2.

Paradise Poker 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

<font color="green">Well, that worked out well. Now the question is should I value bet or showdown cheaply.</font>

Turn: (7 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks.

<font color="green">I decided to take the easy way out here.</font>

River: (7 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, ...

<font color="green">An obvious bet.</font>

Smasharoo
12-20-2004, 11:59 PM
Bet the turn. The idea is that you're isolating this guy because he could have any two cards and will overplay them, right? Why would you give his random draw or overcard a free draw here?

Stork
12-21-2004, 12:10 AM
Bet the turn.
Your flop play is correct, but it is to protect your hand, not so much for isolation.

mr pink
12-21-2004, 12:10 AM
i'd bet the turn and river unless it got scary and i felt like a check/raise is coming. lags like to 3-bet top pair. i think your jacks are good here, especially with the ace kicker.