PDA

View Full Version : QQ on Button.

easypete
12-20-2004, 11:21 PM
<font color="purple">Converter put me down as SB... I will try to fix it best I can, but don't feel I am properly qualified for this task....

BB is 64/0/3.5
UTG is 82/18/1.7
MP is 2+2er.</font>

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.70 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="purple">Hero thinks for a short time and comes up with a decision, then acts on it.

What is your action... and why???</font>

Grisgra
12-20-2004, 11:32 PM
I'd like to say that I raise, but I probably call down. If BB has just a jack, he'll probably overcall -- I risk less for more money. I don't think UTG has an 8 but there's enough of a shot -- I'd guess he just has two hearts or some such nonsense about 60% of the time.

So raising is probably right, but I'd have a tough time folding to a 3-bet like I should.

Okay, now I'll wait for the *right* answer . . .

imitation
12-20-2004, 11:50 PM
I raise and fold to further agression.

Because I still think I have the best hand and I want BB to wrongly call 2-cold because they find it so hard to let go of their TP despite a bucketload of action and because if UTG is playing silly buggers with a heart draw they won't pay off on the river.

BlueBear
12-21-2004, 02:17 AM
Raise.

easypete
12-21-2004, 08:18 AM
Does it not concern anyone that the BB was the flop c/r'er and UTG bets out first on the turn?

helpmeout
12-21-2004, 08:26 AM
I dont know why the LAGs say raise, thats asking for trouble.

I'd call this down unless there was another raise.

I'm not too worried about BBs checkraise as his total agro is very high (3.5 I figure thats total agro).

UTG betting out could mean anything, he could just have a J.

marand
12-21-2004, 08:59 AM
It seems to be an error with the post, there are only 4 players on the flop as far as I can see.

I think the turn is tricky, I want to raise but I don't want to call a 3-bet. I also don't want to fold it... so I guess I would only call the turn /images/graemlins/smile.gif

kiddo
12-21-2004, 09:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont know why the LAGs say raise, thats asking for trouble.

I'd call this down unless there was another raise.

I'm not too worried about BBs checkraise as his total agro is very high (3.5 I figure thats total agro).

UTG betting out could mean anything, he could just have a J.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh? You are not too worried about BB and your best guess for UTG is a pair of Js. Still u think its LAG raising an overpair with all these draws on table and 2 overcards to your pair?

PokerNoob
12-21-2004, 01:34 PM
I don't think BB is checkraising again unless he's got T9 or better. UTG is interesting, what with all the flop coldcalling. I think he thinks that the board pairing the eight is going to be action killing. He's either testing the boat waters with T9, or he's got 77 or 87, maybe J8. He's loose enough that anything is possible. He probably open raises 88 from UTG though. If he's got a heart flush draw, he's nuts pumping a paired board. If you raise here, BB may drop when you don't want him to, plus you're going to get 3-bet when behind. I would call, hope for my two outs, hope that BB doesn't raise with a distant 3rd place hand with outs to beat me (e.g. AJ) but not UTG and hope that they are both overplaying their hands. There is also the Peter school of thought that is to call down a strange betting pattern.

easypete
12-21-2004, 02:04 PM
I guess, since I felt that both of my opponents were playing pretty straight forward, I was more worried about the BB than UTG. I folded??? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I felt that if BB flopped a set, 2-pr, or straight, that he was calling my flop 3-bet, planing on a turn c/r. UTG coming along for the ride on the flop and betting out on turn (not fearing my raise or my 3-bet on flop) shows that he's got something.

Even though these opponents are fairly weak players, I didn't want to get trapped for 4 bets (which is what I feared) on the turn just to see the river. I was getting 9.7:1 for a 2 outter with the potential of 16.7:4 worst case for this call on a 22:1 draw. I didn't like my odds here, and I didn't think my had would have been good enough to make this call. <font color="purple">Is this too weak thinking for short-handed?</font>

If I were closing the turn action, I would have taken another card off, not fearing a c/r.

sublime
12-21-2004, 02:50 PM
pete-

calling down here would be ok. i dont like raising that much and folding seems premature when i think about some of the things i have seen at these tables. the fear of a c/r is there of course, but who said this was easy? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bluffoon
12-21-2004, 04:58 PM
If you call here you may get to the river, which would be good, it may come back one more to you, which sucks but I would pay it off, or it could come back two to you, which I would fold.

Your Mom
12-21-2004, 09:01 PM
I'd raise to try to get the BB out. Pot is big and is worth knocking someone out even though you may be behind.

chio
12-23-2004, 12:28 PM
i think this should be a pretty standard raise

if you're behind, calling down costs you 2 BB anyway. so it's the same as raising and folding to a 3bet from BB or UTG, which you can do pretty confidently given the number of players, amount of aggression you've shown, and your insufficient pot odds

when you are ahead, which is what you're hoping when you call down, you MUST raise to protect your hand in this big pot from overcards (A, K) and draws (any 9, T, flush draw) that are very likely to be out there

MAxx
12-23-2004, 12:41 PM
i think it is somewhere imbetween a call down and raising... but folding, like sublime said is way to premature. fwiw i would raise here most of the time.