PDA

View Full Version : TIVO Experts. Help needed.

Slacker13
12-20-2004, 11:13 PM
My wife just bought me Tivo to replace Ultimate TV which was basically the same as Tivo but much simpler to operate.
My question, how do I get the same show to record on the same channel in the same time slot every day?

For example, I clicked on American Chopper from the program guide, and selected season pass but it records American Chopper every time it is on, it is recording every time slot from morning to night that american chopper is on so now I have like 28 American choppers episodes that are going to be taped when I just want one episode each week. So basically I just want the thing to record lets say Sopranos every sunday night at 9pm EST on channel 501, not every single episode that is aired.

Tivo seems more complicated than it needs to be, on Ultimate TV you just hit record once if you wanted it once and twice if you wanted it every time in that time slot. I am actually tech savvy, I build my own computers, wire freinds stereos etc...but this thing is getting the best of me. Thx for any help.

MtnDave
12-20-2004, 11:19 PM
In the Season Pass, click on the entry, use the right arrow button to get to the options and change First run and repeats to First run only.
(Note: doing this from memory, so just approximate.)

david050173
12-20-2004, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In the Season Pass, click on the entry, use the right arrow button to get to the options and change First run and repeats to First run only.
(Note: doing this from memory, so just approximate.)

[/ QUOTE ]

That only sort of does what he wants but as far as I know it is the best tivo can do.

JPinAZ
12-20-2004, 11:29 PM
If you want it to record a specific time, go to record by time/channel. If you want it to record American Chopper, set it to first run only as MtnDave suggested, but if it's in repeats you won't get anything. If you want some of the shows, you can set the maximum number of episodes you want it to record, you can change that on the same screen.

You can get lots of tips over at www.tivocommunity.com (http://www.tivocommunity.com) .

Slacker13
12-20-2004, 11:46 PM
I just called Directv and they put me on with the Tivo people, apparently anything that runs in syndication is a problem because Tivo finds it on every channel and time slot and will record it which really sucks becuase it will cause recording conflicts, for instance it has some programs I don't care about recording during prime time when there are other shows that I would much rather be recording. I like everything about the Tivo except for this. Maybe I will just record time slots for certain shows. Thanks for the help.

Slacker13
12-20-2004, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can get lots of tips over at www.tivocommunity.com (http://www.tivocommunity.com)

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

wayabvpar
12-21-2004, 02:25 PM
You can also manually set TiVo to record a certain time and day (daily or weekly); this might help with the syndication or repeat issues. I had to do this with The Daily Show- I kept getting the 11 pm and the 1 am showings (same show).