PDA

View Full Version : Another River Question...

MrJitney
12-20-2004, 10:28 PM
This hand came up last weekend at the Taj. 3/6. Table is generally loose passive. Lots of people calling the flop and folding the turn. Kinda nice. Though I managed to lose AA to 52o AND 53o within the span of an hour. Oh well.

Anyway, I thought my play on this hand was pretty standard. But after the hand, Villain1 told me I made a huge mistake on the river. I'm not sure if I agree with him, but I still don't have enough confidence to completely brush off critizism, so I was hoping to get some more feedback...

Villian1 is tight, relatively aggressive. Seems pretty solid. Villian2 is loose, passive (randomly aggressive). Basically the type of guy you want at your table. He's just come off of a couple of big hits, and won't lay anything down.

Villian2 is SB. Hero is MP2. Villian1 is MP3.

I'm dealt 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Preflop
UTG limps, Hero limps, Villain1 limps, button limps, Villian2 completes, BB checks.

Flop: 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Checks to me. <font color="red">I bet</font> Villian1 calls. All else fold, except Villian2.

Turn: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Villian2 checks. <font color="red"> I bet </font> . Both call.

River: Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Checks to me. What do I do?

Harv72b
12-20-2004, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's just come off of a couple of big hits, and won't lay anything down.

[/ QUOTE ]

That statement right there is enough to make me bet that river. His play looks to me like a weak draw, probably to a low flush. I would think that if he had paired the T he would have bet into you or at least raised at some point, especially if he's running on a hot streak.

If it turns out that he has the Q and enough discipline and a good enough read on your hand/game to check/raise you, fine...but I'm not going to check through on the chance that he happens to have that particular card, when he's shown no indication at any point in the hand of having anything more than that draw.

MrJitney
12-20-2004, 11:28 PM
I agree with what you wrote. Though you didn't mention my other opponent, and there was no way in hell villian2 would be clever enough to checkraise me. This guy was unbelievable.

Here's what happened: I bet. Both call. Villian1 (the decent player) fips over A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif Villian2 mucks (could have been calling down with 2 high for all I know).

So Villian1 takes the pot.

I had Villian1 on a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif draw, and Villian2 on any 2 random cards, most likely a low pair. I was betting that Villian1 would fold, and Villian2 would pay me off. So my read was wrong on this particular hand. I gave Villian1 more credit than overcards. But I think I made the right play.