PDA

View Full Version : why i play tighter than most..........................

sublime
12-20-2004, 10:17 PM
beacuse i am not that good post flop /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

here is a tough spot for me, not to sure what to do.

table is pretty normal, no real whackos etc.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button <font color="#A500AF">(loose/normal/neutral)</font> 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB <font color="#A500AF">(looser/passive/neutral)</font> calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">looser/passive/neutral bets</font>, Hero?

Victor
12-20-2004, 10:30 PM
fold preflop....jeez, you just said you were tight. why would you raise this preflop? especially with a loose blind? the main prob with this hand is it has NO showdown value. fold it in ep.....limp for a bet in lp after some callers.

As for your hand, this sucks. You are stuck behind a preflop 3better and a loose passive player leading the flop. [censored] it. Raise. Raising is more fun than calling and people will think you are crazy. Raise and call a 3bet.

Try to take a free card on the turn too.

helpmeout
12-20-2004, 10:34 PM
JTs is one of the few hands I openlimp with UTG.

I fold that flop, you do have a gutshot but its on a 2suited board and you can probably expect a raise from button.

sublime
12-20-2004, 10:41 PM

i can go either way with it to be honest, if the table is cold calling two with regularity i will raise it. in this case they were, so i did.

that flop sucks man /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Luv2DriveTT
12-20-2004, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i can go either way with it to be honest, if the table is cold calling two with regularity i will raise it. in this case they were, so i did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm probably wrong /images/graemlins/shocked.gif, but I think raising JTs UTG is not for value, it's to thin the field in a shorthanded game.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

pfkaok
12-20-2004, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
fold preflop....jeez, you just said you were tight. why would you raise this preflop? especially with a loose blind? the main prob with this hand is it has NO showdown value. fold it in ep.....limp for a bet in lp after some callers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty tight and I would raise this here too... i might limp UTG, but since its 5 handed its really like he's MP here. So I think a PF raise is def a good play here, but yea, that is an awful flop, and as much as it sucks to PF raise and then fold on the flop for 1 bet, this is probably one of the times that its the correct play.

sublime
12-20-2004, 10:56 PM
I'm probably wrong , but I think raising JTs UTG is not for value, it's to thin the field in a shorthanded game.

i dont mind if five people call this raise, or if one does. on the norm it plays well in large multiway pots.

imitation
12-20-2004, 11:46 PM
Easy fold on the flop.

Preflop is normal for me 5handed but not 6handed.

I would hate open limping this 5handed and would need very very good reason to do it 6handed and I think it would happen about never.

Gazza
12-21-2004, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise it up every time first in and raise after any amount of limpers. Just fold it to a raise in front unless there is a cold caller. Then it might be worth calling on the button or even bringing it in for 3 bets.
I think it's the perfect hand to raise (because it's pretty good anyway)with in order to get action with your more conventional and more powerful holdings

The flop is tricky. I think I would just call and call 1 raise back and then fold unimproved on the turn.
Passive perhaps, but the BB obviously has a hand and unless the button has a pocket pair he will have one as well. Raising doesn't really achieve anything but folding looks premature. So call and see what happens

Gazza

imitation
12-21-2004, 02:03 AM
I think calling on the flop with a preflop 3-bettor described as loose/normal/neutral still to act would be very wrong given the nature of that board.

Gazza
12-21-2004, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think calling on the flop with a preflop 3-bettor described as loose/normal/neutral still to act would be very wrong given the nature of that board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I agree it could be wrong but it is certainly not very wrong getting 11-1 for your money. I mean Big blind on Ax and the button on something like a pair of 8's would not be that unlikely a scenario. In that case folding would be seriously wrong.
Of course it is also possible to be way behind or drawing practically comatose which is why I don't want to be aggressive. I don't like it but I want to see the next card

Gazza

Gazza