PDA

View Full Version : What do you do?

NateDog
12-20-2004, 10:02 PM
When I sit at a table, either live or on-line, I only post in the BB or CO. Pretty standard I'd guess. My question is this:

You are dealt a marginal to decent raising hand (A10s, AJo, KQs etc), and the circumstances warrant a raise. Do you raise? Do you care that your raise will probably not be respected, and you are now that LAG that raises every hand PF, even though you just sat down?

Thoughts?

zuluking
12-20-2004, 10:04 PM
Image is overrated. I raise because longterm I make more money....period.

davelin
12-20-2004, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When I sit at a table, either live or on-line, I only post in the BB or CO. Pretty standard I'd guess. My question is this:

You are dealt a marginal to decent raising hand (A10s, AJo, KQs etc), and the circumstances warrant a raise. Do you raise? Do you care that your raise will probably not be respected, and you are now that LAG that raises every hand PF, even though you just sat down?

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

People not respecting your pre-flop raises is one of the best things you could hope for sitting at a new table.

Entity
12-20-2004, 10:20 PM
Are you aware of how much action LAGs get? The ideal is to be a TAG with a LAG image. My image alone has earned me about $100 today.

Rob

davelin
12-20-2004, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you aware of how much action LAGs get? The ideal is to be a TAG with a LAG image. My image alone has earned me about $100 today.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Preach it brother Rob.

Hack
12-20-2004, 10:25 PM
Dumb fish are dumb fish. Collect the money before the flop because you have a right to it, considering that you have a better hand. Make them pay to see cards with the [censored] that they limped in with and you will not regret it. Exploit your equity edge with big suited cards and punish the fishies who limped in with A7o, Q5o, and K6o.