PDA

View Full Version : ducks in the blinds

LA_Price
12-20-2004, 09:52 PM
Playing 6 max has really changed my outlook on full ring. So I'm 4 tabling 2/4 as well as chatting on msn when this hand comes up.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

Flop: (7 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, CO folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (8 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Final Pot: 8 BB

All comments welcome

Chairman Wood
12-21-2004, 12:06 AM
Any read on CO???
Preflop: I don't like this, A lot of my blind stealing hands are low PP all which beat you. EVERY other hand has good draw to beat you. I just don't like 22 here. If you are going to play this why not reraise to knock out BB?
Flop: If you are determined on playing this through, c/r to get BB out is the only way to go if you don't think he's folding for one bet. Although I think he should have been knocked out already.
I am not sure about the rest of the hand.

Nick C
12-21-2004, 12:12 AM
I like the flop.

I like the turn.

It doesn't seem like many worse hands will call on the river, so checking in the hopes of either a free showdown or picking off a bluff (I don't know if you were planning to call a river bet, but I would against a Party 2/4 unknown) seems okay to me.

Well, then again, maybe a better hand would fold, so perhaps you should bet the river after all. You would open yourself up to a bluff-raise though (and some Party 2/4 players do love to bluff paired boards), which would be hard to call without a read (especially since the bluffing hand could still be better than yours).

Hmm. Tough river decision. I think checking is okay.

Nick C
12-21-2004, 12:18 AM
I wondered about the preflop call also.

I can't tell if CO's raise is a blind steal or not, though. In the hand history, UTG called and then disappeared.

Edit: Oh, wait. Never mind. I see now that he limped and then folded.

LA_Price
12-21-2004, 12:47 AM
yeah I don't remember an UTG. The CO open raised is what i rembember.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-21-2004, 02:12 AM
I don't like your preflop call and I would check/fold the flop against two opponents. If there had been one more limper before CO's raise I think the preflop call would be OK.

Brash620
12-21-2004, 02:35 AM
I do not like the flop raise. I would not hold on to a pair that low, when they didn't make a set on the flop I would have folded to a bet.