PDA

View Full Version : New to 5/10 SH...

wheelz
12-20-2004, 08:51 PM
While I've ran into plenty of fish so far at 5/10, I have noticed that there is more aggression overall compared to the games I used to play. Some hands I'm just not sure where I'm at, and this hand was one of them.

I have only been at this table for a couple orbits. CO in this hand seems OK, definitely not too loose preflop and appears to be sane with a decent amount of aggression. The button, however, is a complete loose-passive fish. He's cold-called or open-limped about 75% of the hands since I've sat down, and the only hand he showed any aggression was when he raised UTG with 77 then bet the whole way on a board with 4 overcards.

I don't know how I should've played this hand. I wanted to check the flop, but to be honest someone started talking to me and distracted me so I just ended up auto-betting... and the river I almost bet, then almost ended up check-folding.

PokerChamps 5/10, 6-handed

Hero is UTG with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="red"> Hero raises, </font>1 fold, CO calls, Button calls, SB and BB fold

Flop K /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
<font color="red">Hero bets, CO raises,</font> Button calls, Hero calls

Turn 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets,</font> Button calls, Hero calls

River A /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets,</font> Button calls, Hero calls

aslowjoe
12-20-2004, 09:30 PM
I will bet almost every time I raise pre flop. This is one time I would not. Two cold callers your only hope is they both called with PP 9's and under I think very unlikely. Pretty sure your behind and more then likely your only outs are jacks and a back door flush. I would check and call 1 and fold the turn unimproved.

wheelz
12-20-2004, 09:55 PM
I know there's no excuse for not paying attention while playing, but yeah, that's what happened here. Someone started yakking at me, and not paying attention, I just bet. I think I definitely would've/should've checked that flop.

What about the river? Bet, right? Fold to a raise?

Luv2DriveTT
12-20-2004, 10:44 PM
Bet the river. DO NOT fold to a raise... call.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

LockForward
12-21-2004, 12:21 AM
Bet the river, but fold to a raise from the button.

BlueBear
12-21-2004, 02:19 AM
Bet the river, call a raise against most players.