PDA

View Full Version : Another common hand...standard?

pfkaok
12-20-2004, 08:16 PM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

BB was slightly LAGy, so I figure I have plenty of outs to call his CR on flop. K or J on turn I call down (maybe raise turn with K), and raise with 10. He could easily have some kind of draw here and play it just like this, but how LAGy does this guy have to be to make 3:1 on the calldown good with my K high? I have trouble in these spots, as far as estimating how often I'll be good at the end calling down, esp when its a loose BB who will call PF here with just about ATC.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
12-20-2004, 08:44 PM
I doubt he's c/ring you without a pair on the flop.

Luv2DriveTT
12-20-2004, 10:56 PM
Since Hero is not getting the right odds for the gutshot, should hero fold to the check-raise?

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

pfkaok
12-20-2004, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Since Hero is not getting the right odds for the gutshot, should hero fold to the check-raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I don't know about. I figured that my K's and J's gave me enough outs to warrant a call, but I could be wrong.

helpmeout
12-20-2004, 11:12 PM
I play it the same, most times if you hit a K it'll be good, you also get good implied odds on the gutshot.

Luv2DriveTT
12-20-2004, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thats what I don't know about. I figured that my K's and J's gave me enough outs to warrant a call, but I could be wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

At most your KJ is worth 1 out... and thats being liberal. I would assume this does not change for SH games, it seems that the "law" of odds remains the same. Can anyone correct me if I am wrong please... Thanks..

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

LockForward
12-21-2004, 12:51 AM
Am I the only one who thinks some of the time you should be 3 betting this flop , betting the turn and then taking a free showdown? Although this is dependant on your current table image.

helpmeout
12-21-2004, 12:57 AM
BB will raise a 5 in this situation and if not definately a Queen. He will also raise a flush draw.

This is definately worth a call. You at least have 7 outs if not more.

naphand
12-21-2004, 04:43 AM
Do you? One of your outs is the T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and the T/images/graemlins/heart.gif is not too great either.