PDA

View Full Version : JJ King on board....

Schizo
12-20-2004, 07:52 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, CO checks.

River: (6.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB

I'm guessing I shouldn't of folded at the end, but should I of folded on the flop?

wuarhg
12-20-2004, 08:08 PM
I would've bet the flop.

mrpurple
12-20-2004, 08:24 PM
Bet the flop. Since you didn't and no one showed strength bet the turn.

Schizo
12-20-2004, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop. Since you didn't and no one showed strength bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I can understand betting the turn, but the flop? You are first to act against several players and there is an over. Are you sure this is correct?

Redd
12-20-2004, 08:30 PM
I think I'd bet-call the flop and if raised by a reasonable player, I'd be comfortable folding the turn UI. The way it played out, I'd probably call MP2's fishy river bet, even with the CO in there. Unless MP2 has a two or really likes slowplaying his trips, I think we would have seen some action if someone had the king.

Redd

tipperdog
12-20-2004, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing I shouldn't of folded at the end, but should I of folded on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

When the flop comes K-high rainbow and is bet and called in two spots, what do you think your opponents have? They can't all be chasing straight draws. Fold the flop.

wuarhg
12-20-2004, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When the flop comes K-high rainbow and is bet and called in two spots, what do you think your opponents have? They can't all be chasing straight draws. Fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any pocket, Ten, Seven, Gutshot, Ace high. That's Party.

Schizo
12-20-2004, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought. Apparently we are outnumbered, but this still makes the most sense to me.

Schizo
12-20-2004, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any pocket, Ten, Seven, Gutshot, Ace high. That's Party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.

littlejohn
12-20-2004, 09:20 PM
And I'll just add that you have another way to win here - even if it's only a small chance. By betting and/or generally playing this hand aggressively, you have a chance of a passive player folding a better hand. It doesn't always happen, but there are times when opponents will put you on a hand you don't have - like AK, and fold a lesser king.

Again, this doesn't happen often, but increasing your chances of winning this hand is important.