PDA

View Full Version : Exit Analysis

SuitedSixes
12-20-2004, 07:13 PM
Over my last 80 tournaments, I'm down about 18 buy-ins, which I know is no rarity, however I want to see if I am doing anything differently that could have caused this. Some of these have been bad beats (I lost twice to quads with full houses last night), although I am sure some of my wins have come as a result of bad beats as well. I want to add a couple of fields to my database to chart reasons for losses. The first I am going to add is simply if I had the best hand at the time of the all-in. Secondly, I want to chart the underlying reasons for my exits, and I need help coming with categories (stupidity can be a category). Does anyone else do something like this? Any ideas? Thanks.

-66s

soko
12-20-2004, 08:34 PM
Using PokerTracker? I am sure alot of people do this... I however, have yet to do it but have been telling myself I would for a long time now.

Marcotte
12-20-2004, 08:46 PM
I would include the following:
# of BB you started last hand with
Your standing in the field (eg. 2nd out of 3) prior to last hand.
The actual hand you held when you went out.

SuitedSixes
12-20-2004, 11:41 PM
Yeah, I use PT to replay key hands. I do it WPT style so I can see what the actual percentages of victory are.

Sidekick
12-21-2004, 12:28 AM
I would guess that it would depend on how detailed you want this field(s) to be and whether you want information available at a glance type of thing.

If you just want it to be a single field. Then I would come up with half a dozen or so general categories (e.g. 'they sucked out', 'I was stupid', 'coin flip', 'desperation push from BB', etc.).

If you want the general field and then more detail at a glance you might create say 3 extra fields. One that contains your hole cards, another that contains villain's hole cards and third field that contains the board when you put all your money in.

This might allow you to scan down your database and perhaps some trends might leap out at you as you view your last 10-20 tournaments and see a trend/leak/bad beats/etc.

I don't know if this is what you were thinking of, but I hope this is generally what you were looking for and find this suggestion helpful.