PDA

View Full Version : To lead or not to lead...

PokeHer
12-20-2004, 06:39 PM
I just sat down, and this was my 6th hand, so I'm readless

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

Do you lead the turn or check and call??

Turn: (7.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Button calls, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls.

Lead or check-call?

River: (12.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 18.25 BB

Lost Wages
12-20-2004, 06:47 PM
Check the flop with the intention of folding, you have nothing.

Since the flop was checked through bet the turn. You have no reason to think you don't have the best hand and it needs protection badly.

Lost Wages

PokeHer
12-20-2004, 07:12 PM
oops, sorry, I meant "do you lead or check call" for the turn... the flop play is an obvious check-fold

Damn_Squirrels
12-20-2004, 09:09 PM
i've been wondering lately about these situations. i say lead. why? well you're likely to call a bet if you check...right? so why not put it in first and make everyone else decide? there's a small chance you'll be raised by trips or two pair, but most of the time with that flop you will have most beaten. i've been doing this more (as a friend pointed out i tend to be agreesive on bluffs and passive with good hands), and have at times even taken down the pot with this type of bet.