PDA

View Full Version : Q9s in mid position.

Bob T.
12-20-2004, 06:04 PM
I think this hand is an example of Clarkmeister's theorem.

Online 5-10 game. Loose EP limps, I limp in LMP with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, button limps, blinds call, five to the flop.

Flop Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Blinds and EP checks, I bet, button calls, and the rest fold.

Turn 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I suspect that my opponent holding the button, doesn't have a diamond draw, because he didn't make a free/value raise on the flop, but he might, because he might not have wanted to make the field face two cold. If he doesn't have a diamond draw, I just picked up four more outs if I was behind. I bet, and he calls.

River A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif I bet, and he uses almost the maximum allotted time, before folding.

Jonny Melon
12-20-2004, 06:08 PM
I like it, although if CO/Button are agressive, I may get away from this pre-flop in LMP without a second limper.

I bet this river every time and fold to a raise.

Jon

Bob T.
12-20-2004, 06:28 PM
Actually, this is one of those hands that CM convinced me is okay to play after one weak limper. Part of the reason you can play it, is that you probably have an image of where other players don't really want to get involved in your pots anyway, so when you are the second limper, tight players are going to tend to be a little bit wary of entering. Not a lot, but just a little, and so by being the second limper, you frequently get to isolate the weak guy and the blinds at half the price, and with better odds with what can only be described as an implied odds hand.

If it turns out that you just have the one limper, you are compensated for the weakness of your hand, by having the last position. Sometimes, by being the second limper, you might start off a limpfest, and then you get the necessary odds to chase your draws.

I like it, although if CO/Button are agressive, I may get away from this pre-flop in LMP without a second limper.

If they are just aggressive, I will probably still play, but if they are loose aggressive, then I won't.

But that comes down to table and seat selection. If I have loose aggressives playing after me, I might play a little while, but I am not going to settle in for a long session like that, just because the game is a lot harder to play in that situation.

MoreWineII
12-20-2004, 06:34 PM
Love the river bet.

Clarkmeister
12-21-2004, 01:51 AM
"I think this hand is an example of clarkmeister's theorem"

Yes, it is.