PDA

View Full Version : I am soooooooooooooooooo angry!!!!!

ThaSaltCracka
12-20-2004, 05:03 PM
WTF is up with surcharges on atm cards at fast food restaurants? Seriously I am fcuking pissed, god damnit!! Someone give me a reason why they do this that won't make me punch someone!!!!!!!!

jakethebake
12-20-2004, 05:07 PM
Never heard of such a thing. What restaurant? I just checked my Burger King receipt & credit card slip from yesterday. No extra charge.

stabn
Just go ahead and punch someone. The guy at quiznos today decided to fight with me over whether or not i deserved more ajus for a 10" sub than they give with a 6" sub, and wanted to charge me 49 cents for extra. I won, ended up with a small victory, since i had to finish the ajus they gave me before they'd give me extra.

CrazyEyez
It sounds like you're either overreacting or eating way too much fast food. I could be wrong though.

stabn
I know taco bell does it, not sure on the rest, but i think anyone who uses taco bells atm billing system would.

ThaSaltCracka
12-20-2004, 05:10 PM
no, every fcukin place does it. Its annoying as hell, and I am tired of it. I am not using a damn ATM, I am using my fcuking card to purchse something at your establishment. Seriously think about how fcuked up this is. You are being charged a fee to pay for something you ordered. I swear to fcuks sake this is almost like a double tax, damn credit card company douche bags.

CrazyEyez
12-20-2004, 05:15 PM
I've never noticed this before. I guess I'll start looking at my receipts more closely.

ThaSaltCracka
12-20-2004, 05:17 PM
McD's def does this, TB does, and I assume some others. I exagerated, some don't do it though. its very annoying to say the least.

Peca277
12-20-2004, 05:18 PM
Just use a credit card instead of a debit.

Sponger15SB
12-20-2004, 05:20 PM
Another thing that pisses me off that is along the same lines.

In-and-out doesn't even let you frickin use credit/debit cards, you've gotta get charged like $1.50 from their stupid ATM machine and get money out.

Fck that!

cardcounter0
12-20-2004, 05:21 PM
SO USE FRIGGIN' CASH !!!

And yes, they can break your $100 dollar bill, don't be a wuss, demand that they do it.

ThaSaltCracka
12-20-2004, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just use a credit card instead of a debit.

[/ QUOTE ]yeah, I should just use my credit card /images/graemlins/confused.gif

fsuplayer
12-20-2004, 05:23 PM
the charge is for any payment by plastic. and yes, it sucks.

taco bell is the worst, md's doesnt it too, i am trying to think of others.

TSC-dont you just love it when your meal is like 3.49 or something and you have to pay 99 cents extra. thats like 30% surcharge!

B Dids
12-20-2004, 05:29 PM
I would assume that the banks involved charge a transaction fee. Rather than eat that themselves, they're passing it on to you. I've got no beef with that. I'm too lazy to get cash, and I'll dead with that.

Getting worked out about 50 cents just isn't a good way to go through life.

ThaSaltCracka
12-20-2004, 05:31 PM
yes, I should always carry cash, good point, but for the most part I don't.

ThaSaltCracka
12-20-2004, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Another thing that pisses me off that is along the same lines.

In-and-out doesn't even let you frickin use credit/debit cards, you've gotta get charged like $1.50 from their stupid ATM machine and get money out.

Fck that!

[/ QUOTE ]establishments that don't take debit or credit should not be in business.

Peca277
12-20-2004, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... I've only ever had the surcharge when I used my debit card. Usually pay cash at fast food joints though so maybe I'll have to experiment. Sorry for sounding retarded then!

ThaSaltCracka
12-20-2004, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm... I've only ever had the surcharge when I used my debit card. Usually pay cash at fast food joints though so maybe I'll have to experiment. Sorry for sounding retarded then!

[/ QUOTE ] Its cool, you are almost Canadian for a reason. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

stabn
12-20-2004, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I would assume that the banks involved charge a transaction fee. Rather than eat that themselves, they're passing it on to you. I've got no beef with that. I'm too lazy to get cash, and I'll dead with that.

[/ QUOTE ]
They've actually decided it's simply another means of profitable revenue, and choose to go with ATM systems that charge a fee. Instead of the 5-10 cents they'd eat with a normal system they charge a larger fee and actually profit on the transaction.

IndieMatty
12-20-2004, 05:59 PM
I am in the process of implementing web based credit card transactions, and there is a charge for each transaction. So they try to adjust accordingly.

Certaintly not 99 cents on 3.50, thats for sure, its about 3%.

kerssens
12-20-2004, 06:01 PM
They have to pay the credit card company for every transaction under a certain amount, so they're passing the fee on to you.

IndieMatty
12-20-2004, 06:03 PM
Good point, my products are like minimum 3% on a fifty....I never even checked on charges below that.

ThaSaltCracka
12-20-2004, 06:04 PM
yeah, I know there is a transaction fee, and actually I am pretty sure there has always been one, but the % you see at these places is so absurd.

ThaSaltCracka
12-20-2004, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They have to pay the credit card company for every transaction under a certain amount, so they're passing the fee on to you.

[/ QUOTE ]no, any time a debit card is used they charge you, there is no minimum at places like TB or McD's. I have seen some small places, like Yaki joints that only charge you if it is under like $10 or something, but not at McD's or TB, those punk bastards.

IndieMatty
12-20-2004, 06:07 PM
The company is charged for every purchase...big deal where I am, we could have a 50k purchase...and its like 1%.

GuyOnTilt
12-20-2004, 06:08 PM
WTF is up with surcharges on atm cards at fast food restaurants? Seriously I am fcuking pissed, god damnit!! Someone give me a reason why they do this that won't make me punch someone!!!!!!!!

There's a simple and life-bettering solution: stop eating fast food.

GoT

ThaSaltCracka
12-20-2004, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

There's a simple and life-bettering solution: stop eating fast food.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be fine for today or tomorrow, until you realize a few things. These fees provide an absurd amount of revenue for these companies because there is really no cost to them. So basically its free money, thus they are more likely to continue doing it. Also, more companies will realize this and copy them. Soon, you will be seing service fees at any business that has a lot of high volume small "cash" transactions, like movie theathers, coffee shops, convenience stores, etc.

These fees aren't going away any time soon. Looks like I am back to being a cash only guy.

kerssens
12-20-2004, 06:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that the fees being charged are only to cover the fees that they are charged by Visa, etc for the transactions...I don't think they are pocketing the fees that you are charged. The companies that don't charge the fee either have a better deal and don't get charged fees per transaction or are just eating the fee.

ThaSaltCracka
12-20-2004, 06:33 PM
I would imagine a company like McDonalds would have a pretty damn good deal with whatever credit card company they use. They are def making money off of it.

SomethingClever
12-20-2004, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
establishments that don't take debit or credit should not be in business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen, brother.

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-20-2004, 07:02 PM
You can use your debit card, but tell them it's a credit card. It goes through the same, everybody gets paid, and you don't pay the stupid fee. That's been my experience, anyway.

ThaSaltCracka
12-20-2004, 07:09 PM
what? are you serious?

Patrick del Poker Grande
12-20-2004, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what? are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]
Do I look like a guy who's not serious?

AncientPC
12-20-2004, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what? are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]
Do I look like a guy who's not serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

I've always used a credit card through McD's / Wendy's / Taco Bell and they never charge me any fees . . .

Lawrence Ng
12-21-2004, 06:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, does your bank plan include only so many ATM uses a month before they start charging extra?

That might be the reason.

Lawrence

BusterStacks
12-21-2004, 06:41 AM
Dairy Queen does it. If they give you the option, make them run it as a credit. It costs them more.

knifeandfork
12-21-2004, 11:22 AM
amex kills businesses for a tone of money. visa/mc are not so bad so not accepting plastic is -ev not accepting amex =+ev for the biz of course i speak.
jason

stabn
12-21-2004, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Dude, does your bank plan include only so many ATM uses a month before they start charging extra?

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, did you ever consider reading a bit more of the thread first?

ThaSaltCracka
12-21-2004, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, did you ever consider reading a bit more of the thread first?

[/ QUOTE ]No, this is Lawrence's MO, so I usually let it slide.

Quick story, I went to Taco Time for dinner last night after finishing my Christmas shopping. So I go to pay and of course, no cash, so I give him my card. He hands me the key pad and right on top it says ".69 per transaction".

I go "wwwwwwwwwwwwwhattttttt????????? gooooood dammmmmmmnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"""""""" My face got all green and I ripped my shirt off. I then proceeded to [censored] in the ice bin, squirt hot sauce everywhere, and then finally decided to get $40 cash back.

damnit.

WDC
12-21-2004, 01:39 PM
It's not the credit card people its the restaurant. Theyt have to pay a fee to take the card. They wnat to pass it on to you. Pick a different restaurant and stop whining.

stabn
12-21-2004, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Quick story, I went to Taco Time for dinner last night after finishing my Christmas shopping. So I go to pay and of course, no cash, so I give him my card. He hands me the key pad and right on top it says ".69 per transaction".

[/ QUOTE ]
You just don't learn do you /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

ThaSaltCracka
12-21-2004, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You just don't learn do you /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]
hmph, I almost went to Chipolte, where they have no fee!!!! damn you Taco Time!!!!

GuyOnTilt
12-21-2004, 08:42 PM
yeah, I should just use my credit card

This is slightly off-topic, but because of the fees associated with using a CC, I try to pay cash whenever possible at smaller mom and pop privately owned types stores and restaurants. Larger national chain type places are going to have super high volume with Visa, Mastercard, and whoever so they're going to have a really low percentage deal worked out, but the Thai joint down the street or Hank's Hardware is taking a decent hit if their customers use CC's a lot and it really makes it hard on them, not like it's not hard enough already with the Walmarts of the world. Just something to keep in mind if you have local shops you really like and would like to support with your business.

GoT

NLSoldier
12-21-2004, 09:01 PM
Why would you ever go to taco bell over chipotle anyways!?!?

ThaSaltCracka
12-21-2004, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you ever go to taco bell over chipotle anyways!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]Taco Time, there is a huge difference.

stabn
12-21-2004, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Taco Time, there is a huge difference.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yah, taco time has a smaller menu. Seriously, what's good there?

/hasn't eaten at taco time since puking 15 minutes after eating there when he was 10.

ThaSaltCracka
12-21-2004, 09:41 PM
good point, I never thought about that.