PDA

View Full Version : Party 5/10 SH, QQ in MP, Axx flop

marand
12-20-2004, 04:21 PM
Reads: CO is very loose and very passive, BB is loose and rather aggressive.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets ??</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.20 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ???

Preflop: Easy raise of course.

Flop: Terrible flop for me, but I think my bet is standard. I would have folded to a raise.

Turn: If CO had been tight/passive instead of loose/passive I think it is an easy check/fold on the turn. There are really no good draws out there so what could he possibly have except the ace?
The problem is that this player is very loose so his call on the flop doesn't really say much. I would have folded to a raise.

River: I think he probably has an ace, but might have a smaller pair or some strange hand like J4o which gave him a gutshot he refused to fold.
What should I do here?
Bet the river and fold to a raise or check/call?

TazQ
12-20-2004, 04:23 PM
Bet fold, never check/call against a loose passive.

SmileyEH
12-20-2004, 08:16 PM
He could easily be getting stubborn with a low pair. I think the pot is small enough that you can bet the river and fold to a raise.

-SmileyEH