PDA

View Full Version : home games central illinois

04-10-2002, 03:00 PM
looking people interested in for home games in radius of Peoria Illinois

04-10-2002, 04:05 PM
I live in the northern Illinois area. I wouldn't be able to make the drive because of a suspended license /images/smile.gif, but if you're looking for any games to play in, you're welcome to make the drive up here to mine if you like.

Otherwise, email me at dinsdale@tbc.net. I know of atleast one game in central IL, and I can forward you the necessary information.

-Dan

04-11-2002, 03:28 AM
suspended license... ouch!!

at least you know yours is suspended. ive been arrested twice for driving on a suspended license that i had no idea was suspended. threw out the charges in court though, since i was able to easily get it reinstated. being arrested sucks, though. be careful!!

04-11-2002, 06:28 PM
We have a regular 1-2 game in Champaign and we're always looking for more players. Recently, we also have had a low-blind pot limit game on Sundays. It's a little bit of a drive, but not too bad.

04-11-2002, 07:28 PM
I already told him about your game /images/smile.gif

04-11-2002, 07:32 PM
I didn't know it was, either. It was suspended last Sept after two speeding tickets. A month or so ago I got pulled over for speeding (50 in a 40) and was then arrested for driving on a suspended license. I'm now on a 12-month court supervision for the driving-while-suspended ticket and my license will be reinstated in Sept of this year.

Being arrested certainly does suck, though...especially when the cop had just said: "Okay, I'm gonna let you off with a warning this time...Let me just go check this out and I'll be right back". I'm sitting there all happy because I wasn't getting a ticket, but when he comes back he pulls out the cuffs! Nuts (the bad sense of the word)!!

04-11-2002, 10:00 PM
yup. the cuffs hurt too. especially because im a big guy and cuffing my wrists together behind my back isnt easy to do in the first place. then leaning on them while KowboyKopper is blazing all over creation sure doesn't do much for the circulation. cruel and unusual? i think it might be. i wasn't going to resist, and i was about the calmest you could imagine a person being arrested could be (i.e. i wasn't sleeping, but i never raised my voice or made any sudden movements.)