PDA

View Full Version : Using Pokertracker w/ SNGs

UMTerp
12-20-2004, 02:37 PM
I've been lazy for forever about getting Pokertracker, but it seems to be a worthwhile tool judging from how it's talked about on here. I'm thinking about making it my Christmas present to myself.

Couple questions about it -

1. Cost - is it a det price for unlimited hands? A monthly fee? (I really don't know much about it.)

2. How much do you think Pokertracker will increase your ROI in $10 SNGs? In $50's? In $200's?

3. Ease of use - this seems like the biggest hurdle for me - how does it work? Do you have to request all your hand histories from ALL your SNGs to your e-mail, then imprt them all to Pokretracker somehow? I don't know if I want to go through all that. I play ~50 SNGs a lot of days - it is going to be an extra hour of work for me at the end of each session?

4. How easy is it to identify opponents, etc. using this thing? Can you do this while your playing? If you're playing 4 or 8 tables, is tracking your opponents going to be too much to handle on top of all the basic play?

FWIW, I play almost exclusively on Stars if that matters.

Thanks for the replies.

Prime Time
12-20-2004, 06:43 PM
I use it mainly for ring games.
A must here!

(my name it is) Sam Hall
12-20-2004, 06:59 PM
1) Flat fee, about $50. Well supported too...

2) Well, it increased my ROI from something that was hugely negative to something very likely positive, although details have yet to be worked out. The first (rookie-player) element of PT seems to be self-improvement. The second is opponent tracking.

3) Freaking simple to use with party. Unknown to me on stars.

4) Tracking is fairly easy. They're either fish, elephants, Taz devils, or good. Usually you can tell from the main tourney time window. I heard Tourney Time+ (stats directly overlayed: alpha of BG=0) is coming soon.

Sam

bball904
12-20-2004, 07:00 PM
It is a one time charge of $55. It is a huge help for limit ring games, but does little for me really for sng's. I do have all my tournaments stored though and may use it for some analysis over time.

El Maximo
12-20-2004, 07:05 PM
1. Cost - is it a det price for unlimited hands?

I think its around $50. One time purchase price. No monthly fees.

2. How much do you think Pokertracker will increase your ROI in $10 SNGs? In $50's? In $200's?

Who knows. Its a tool for self-improvement. How much you use it is up to you. I definitely think its worth the price.

3. Ease of use - this seems like the biggest hurdle for me - how does it work? Do you have to request all your hand histories from ALL your SNGs to your e-mail, then imprt them all to Pokretracker somehow? I don't know if I want to go through all that. I play ~50 SNGs a lot of days - it is going to be an extra hour of work for me at the end of each session?

Easy to use. You can set it up to automatically download Hand histories from e-mails. Not sure how it works for PS but with Party it takes me about 2 minutes to download my SnGs for the day.

4. How easy is it to identify opponents, etc. using this thing? Can you do this while your playing? If you're playing 4 or 8 tables, is tracking your opponents going to be too much to handle on top of all the basic play?

Its has Tourney Gametime feature. Again Im not sure how it works with PS but with party its easy to use. Gives you good stats on all villians at the table.

ukgazz
12-20-2004, 08:42 PM
Hiya UMTerp.

After that slapping you just handed me heads up you dont need to track you play too much but seriously its great....

With stars you do have to request hand history and tourny history separately by email after each has finished but that is no hastle really. I keep a small spereadsheet and stick the numbers in as I reg (takes seconds) and cut and paste to the request when they have finished. You can often get some when you are waiting for tables to fill etc so takes no time really.

UKGazz

eastbay
12-21-2004, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably 0.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

An hour? It's a couple of button presses. A few secs.

I think it's mainly a record keeping tool, more than it is an analysis tool. At least, I've never been able to do anything useful with it analysis wise. But it is a convenient way to keep all your records around.

eastbay

krille
12-21-2004, 03:08 AM
The easiest way to use it is by using the 'check email' option integrated into pokertracker. What I did was I configured outlook to import my gmail emails automatically, so all I have to do is enter pokertracker and press on check email.

(my name it is) Sam Hall
12-21-2004, 03:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably 0.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... for good people. If you're playing 215's and not broke the answer is probably zero, but for the rec player losers like me it helps a lot at the start. You can do stuff like pull out HPFAP, filter your starting hands in the lowest levels to see what groups they fit, and then figure out why you have 50% 8th place finishes. Zero to thirty just like that.

Sam

UMTerp
12-21-2004, 03:20 AM
Thanks all. Sounds easy enough - I think I'll give it a go. I was mainly worried about the "ease of use" part, but none of you have had a bad word about it, so I guess that should calm my fears about that.

I guess that's something else I can test for now, then start "for real" with in 2005.

therock
12-21-2004, 04:38 PM
You can dowload a free version to see how it works. It will let you import 1000 hands. If you like it, pay the $55 and get the code for unlimited use.