PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker

limodude
12-20-2004, 01:34 PM
I am just starting to use Poker Tracker. Can anyone offer some good advice as to settings or what I should do to get the most out of is. It seems a bit overwhelming right now.

Thanks

kenberman
12-20-2004, 01:38 PM
there is a newbie guide on the poker tracker forums

droolie
12-20-2004, 01:49 PM
There are tons of ways to look at your own stats but these don't really help too much at first when your sample size is small.

However this is not the real power of poker tracker anyways.

This is...

Party Poker automatically sends hand histories to your hard drive. Configure poker tracker to auto-import these hand histories into your poker tracker data base. You will have to dowload some free upgrades from pokertracker.com forums to do this. All the help you will need will be found there.

Then download and intall the free program called Player View from the books/software forum from this site.

The combination of pokertracker and player view will allow you to have stats on all the players you are playing against on the party poker table near their usernames. It will update these stats as frequently as you'd like as long as you have your pokertracker auto-importing.

You can also "data mine" which is merely opening tables but not actually sitting down. Party poker will send you the hand histories even if you're only watching. Open 4 tables leave it on 24 hours a day for a week and you'll have a huge data base.

Getting these things up and running is difficult but well worth the effort.

Fast_Johnny
12-20-2004, 02:03 PM
Go to the Poker Tracker forum, download GameTime+. Make sure you read the forum to learn how to set it up. This is a must have. It overlays your opponents stats on the actual poker window so you never have to take your eyes off the action.

Also, you'll probably want to find and install either Drivett, or BisonBison's autorate rules if you play ring limit.

Learn how to datamine when you are not playing.