PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Playoff Results Thread

SomethingClever
12-20-2004, 01:25 PM
Did you win the first round? Get slaughtered? Post here.

The game tonight is huge for me.... I'm behind 21 points, but I have Brady and Patten going.

50 yards = 1 point for QB
TD = 6 points each for QB and receiver
20 yards = 1 point for receiver

Think I'll make it?

Peca277
12-20-2004, 02:09 PM
Even playing the crappy Dolphins I think you're doomed. My team is behind 21 points and I have Patten and McMichael but I've resigned to the fact I'm doomed as well. Had I started Burleson and Kennison instead of Moulds and Stokely I would've won though!!!! Gave up 35 points by sitting them /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SomethingClever
12-20-2004, 02:17 PM
I dunno... say Brady throws 2 TDs, no INTs, with one of the TDs going to Patten. And he hits 250 yards overall, with Patten having 50 yards... that's....

25 points and a win!

I don't think it's THAT unreasonable.

Lazymeatball
12-20-2004, 02:32 PM
I destroyed the first round playoffs with Vick, Volek, and Dante Hall. I might also add that my leagues scoring system is nonsensical and highly favors kick returners. W. Welker of Miami puts up huge points somehow. And as for your question, wait till next year.

Rick Diesel
12-20-2004, 03:11 PM
I am up 33 points with Dillon and Vinatieri playing tonight. My opponent only has Tom Brady. Had I decided to play Larry Johnson instead of Dillon, it would be over by now. Since I didn't, Brady will need about 500 yards and 5 TDs, with relatively no production from Dillon or Vinatieri for me to possibly lose.

This win got me into the Super Bowl next week, which guaranteed me at least some money. Anyway, I will certainly have a poll up later this week as to who I should start between Tomlinson, Dillon, and Larry Johnson next week. I have been leaning toward Tomlinson and Johnson, but a good game from Dillon tonight could change everything.

Rick Diesel

p.s. Billy Volek came up HUGE for me this week, as did Jimmy Smith.

BottlesOf
12-20-2004, 03:15 PM
I've won the first 2 rounds (today's matchup won't change anything), and I've got the championship next week. W00t!

(You've got a chance, but I don't think you'll win. You have very strange scoring, btw)