PDA

View Full Version : Worst time to play SNGs

betgo
12-20-2004, 12:16 PM
I find the toughest competition in online SNGs is on weekend mornings.

Scuba Chuck
12-20-2004, 01:58 PM
I would say mornings in general are more challenging. I haven't noticed a significant change in ROI, but I have noticed a significant change in length of play. Party Poker play has been 60 minutes on average in the mid mornings. Vs 45 minutes at night.

On a better topic, great times to play. Last Thursday, I was tired in the early evening only to fall asleep at 7PM with the tv on. I woke up at 10PM to play 4 hours of SNGs. Had some good success, and followed the same pattern on Friday and Saturday night. My numbers from those three nights were as follows

Thursday night ROI: 49%
Friday night ROI: 68%
Saturday night ROI: 48%

I'll try again soon, to see if my success continues.
Scuba

captZEEbo1
12-20-2004, 11:05 PM
Generally daytime during the weekday is bad. It's bad when you open up 4 tables, and you see about 4 guys who are sitting at three or four of your SAME tables, lol. That's when you know you're in a pool of sharks. Friday night poker is fun though =)

poboy
12-20-2004, 11:14 PM
I've actually found the opposite true. My normal playing time is in the evenings and weekends. However the few times(maybe this is the key) that I have played during the day(vacation or home sick) I've actually felt the games were a little easier. Friday evening for some reason really seems to be my downfall. You would think this would be the best time as that is when all the fish are in the pool.

Voltron87
12-20-2004, 11:21 PM
I have been wondering for a long time now whether my regular SNG sessions (11am to 2-3) have affected my results. I play live NL cash games in the evenings (4pm to 7am, depends) the bulk of my winnings.

I have been wondering for a while whether playing early in the weekday has been affecting my ROI.

captZEEbo1
12-20-2004, 11:25 PM
maybe you're not good against playing fish /images/graemlins/smile.gif There are certain tricks to exploit them to the full potential =).

betgo
12-20-2004, 11:43 PM
Playing live is definately worse during the day. I don't find weekday days that bad for online SNGs. However, I don't play the higher buyins where there are a lot of pros at any time.