PDA

View Full Version : AKo against a TAG.

Fat Nicky
12-20-2004, 12:05 PM
I have played a lot with MP3 and he is a very solid player, could possibly be a 2+2er but not sure.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.66 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Hero ????

Turn raise standard?
Easy fold after getting 3-bet, right?

TripleH68
12-20-2004, 12:54 PM
I might want this to get to showdown, which you can do for the same price by not raising the turn. Surely the flush for either of you is a longshot(AQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif) so you are likely only behind KK or JJ. If villain holds the A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif with a K he would be happy to reraise on the turn. ?

Fat Nicky
12-20-2004, 02:26 PM
Thx. Anyone else take this to showdown for cheap??

chief444
12-20-2004, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else take this to showdown for cheap??

[/ QUOTE ]
Not before check/raising the turn as you did. After the 3-bet...sure.

colgin
12-20-2004, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (5.66 BB) K (2 players)
Hero checks, MP3 bets, Hero raises, MP3 3-bets, Hero ????

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero calls. Please tell me you didn't fold. Call this down. You say MP3 is a possible 2+2er. The way you played this hand screams AK to anyone paying attention. If MP3 also has AK, which is a very possible holding, he might three-bet you on the turn with impunity trying to get you to lay it down while knowing he is probably no worse than a chop if you don't.

donkeyradish
12-20-2004, 02:48 PM
I agree, the first thing I thought of at the 3-bet is, oh, he likely has either AK or AA.

colgin
12-20-2004, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree, the first thing I thought of at the 3-bet is, oh, he likely has either AK or AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's discount the possibility that Villain would play QQ this way. If we assume that he either has AK, which Hero chops with a large percentage of the time, or JJ (to which eh is drawing dead) or AA (to which he has two outs), there are 6 combinations of AK left and six combinations collectively of AA and JJ. Even if we asume that Hero is playing for only half of the pot approximately half of the time, the pot is still large enough to justify calling this down.

spydog
12-20-2004, 03:49 PM
I normally cap this PF. Your title says AKo, but the hand history looks like its AKs. Especially with BB along for the ride, I cap 100% of the time.

Wired Jokers
12-20-2004, 03:50 PM
If MP3 is as TAG as you say he is, you have clearly announced to him via your pre-flop and flop actions that you most likely hold two overcards, and probably AK. Thus, when the king hits on the turn, his three-bet makes me even more worried. I believe you are at best tied here, with MP3 probably holding the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (although QQ is not that unlikely, if MP3 holds the Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif)

Although this is $3-$6, I still think leading out and betting the turn when this third flush card comes is the better play. If raised, you can call and check-call the river, thus winning the most if you are ahead, and losing the least if you are behind.

Now, if you held the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, a check-raise would be more appropriate, since you have outs to improve on the river, and thus are not as concerned about being 3-bet on the turn.

sfer
12-21-2004, 01:45 PM
Bad checkraise. Think about what hands call, which ones fold, and which ones raise. I would be content with one more bet on the river.

JDErickson
12-21-2004, 02:02 PM
Your opponent played Ak the exact way I would have.

I think you have to call it down.