PDA

View Full Version : How does this flush play look?

Dave H.
12-20-2004, 11:30 AM
Nano-limits at Pacific. I got junk the first time around the table and really wasn't there long enough to get any reads yet.

I'm dealer now and get A /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. 4 callers to me, I call, SB raises, BB calls, and everyone else calls including me.

Flop comes 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif (7 players, 14 small bets)
SB bets, two folders, 3 callers, I CALL.
I'm trying to keep everyone that I can in the pot now.
IN YOUR OPINION, WAS THIS A BAD CALL???

Here is the remainder of the hand:

Turn comes 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif with 5 players, 19 small bets. Now the betting begins in earnest. SB bets, BB raises, another raise, and another caps it before it even gets to me! I'm seeing straights and a lower flush and a huge pot!

River comes 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif with 29.5 big bets and same action. As with the prior street, it's capped by the time it gets to me and everyone calls.

Final pot: 49.5 big bets

Any problems with what I did here, especially with the flop betting (or rather, lack of it)?
Final Result posted a little later.

chief444
12-20-2004, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm dealer now and get A 9 . 4 callers to me, I call,

[/ QUOTE ]
I would raise.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop comes 8 7 6 (7 players, 14 small bets)
SB bets, two folders, 3 callers, I CALL.
I'm trying to keep everyone that I can in the pot now.
IN YOUR OPINION, WAS THIS A BAD CALL???

[/ QUOTE ]
I would probably raise but calling I suppose is fine.

aron
12-20-2004, 11:43 AM
I'd play the flop the same hoping for the same action on the turn and raise it there. You have a nut flush and four to a straight flush. It isn't very likely that anyone will draw out on you.

-aron

jskills
12-20-2004, 11:49 AM
Agree with this post. Just calling was fine on the flop. It's very difficult for anyone to overtake you without, say the board pairing once (or worse twice) to make the boat.

I have a feeling this resulted in a loss for you?

Dave H.
12-20-2004, 03:37 PM
Not much response here so I'll give the results.
jskills guessed correctly...

There were 2 ten high straights, a nine high straight, and MP1 had 96o in the pocket giving him the full house. Sigh...

Had I raised the flop, I might have eliminated him. But then again, why in the %$#&% did he stay to begin with?

scott2130
12-20-2004, 03:50 PM
OK, so you should have raised PF. I don't think it would have mattered anyway. He was in already and I am sure he would have called. As for the rest, you bet when you had the best of it and when the river came you where pot committed to call it down.

rewt75
12-20-2004, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Had I raised the flop, I might have eliminated him. But then again, why in the %$#&% did he stay to begin with?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well technically on the flop he had an OESD + bottom pair. That's a pretty strong hand. Then on the turn he improved to two pair plus + OESD still with only a three flush on the board. Despite his horrendous PF call, you can't really blame him for seeing the river.