PDA

View Full Version : How to forget and move on

xixel
12-20-2004, 08:38 AM
How in the hell do I somehow forget about VERY stupid VERY lucky players? First hand I can obviously let go, these were 2 hands in a row both against the short stack.

Hand 1:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t1310)
SB (t2965)
BB (t2095)
xixel (t3820)
MP (t3310)

Preflop: xixel is UTG with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">xixel raises to t400</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t1310</font>, SB folds, BB folds, xixel calls t910.

Flop: (t2920) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t2920) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t2920) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t2920

Results:
xixel has Kd Ah (high card, ace).
Button has Kc Ks (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Button wins t2920.

Hand 2: (Directly After)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP (t2920)
Button (t2865)
SB (t1895)
xixel (t2510)
UTG (t3310)

Preflop: xixel is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, MP calls t200, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">xixel raises to t1000</font>, MP calls t800, SB folds.

Flop: (t2200) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">xixel bets t1510 (All-In)</font>, MP calls t1510.

Turn: (t5220) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t5220) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t5220

Results:
xixel has Ac Kh (two pair, eights and sevens).
MP has 8c Ad (full house, eights full of sevens).
Outcome: MP wins t5220.

I dont understand...... Clearly I'm mad 2nd hand but still, I've been getting SCREWED over by people who dont care about $5 tournys playing everything, this was just a $5 tourny I'm a poor bastard. won 3-4 1sts in the past 2-3 days and gotten screwed in about 10 other tournys, so I'm bakc down to pretty much nothing.

kyro
12-20-2004, 08:46 AM
i'm confused. you're mad at the idiot who raised you all-in with KK? And the A8 hand...ooh boy. If that's your idea of people playing real bad, you haven't seen anything yet.

xixel
12-20-2004, 08:50 AM
no the KK is fine like I said, just showing I had AK 2 hands in a row, the a8 I'm mad at the call and the catch, and yes I've seen and had worse things happen to me but today for some reason this made me very mad, probably because I'm trying my best with having no money.

tigerite
12-20-2004, 04:52 PM
2nd hand - why not just push - 600 in the pot and you have what, 2310? This is an easy case of 2-5 times the pot and thus an all-in with AK, especially down to 5.

Big Limpin'
12-20-2004, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How in the hell do I somehow forget about VERY stupid VERY lucky players?

[/ QUOTE ]

Smoke a bowl. Honestly. You will be better off for it.

Gar Pike
12-20-2004, 07:13 PM
Get a grip, man...

There's absolutely no point or profit in getting upset. Your opponent could very well have thought you were stealing. I've done that, and gotten just as lucky. That doesn't make me stupid, or him. If he could see your cards and pushed, maybe that would make him stupid. As far as LUCKY, that's not all that lucky, he's one in four or so not to lose.

No, the problem is with you, sorry to say. In the Great Scheme of Things, this is microscopcally small. Infintisimally petty, if you get my drift. Not worth a hundredth of the emotion you're spending on it.

One thing you can do to ease the pain of having been bested at a card game is change the subject for a while. Go talk to the GF or play catch with the dog. Call your brother and plan a fishing trip.

Or, repeat these Magic Mantras, which are guaranteed to make you feel better:

"Play on, fool, Hell ain't half full"
"Soon I will be able to look back and laugh at this"
"Fool Boy ought to be slapped upside the head. Maybe Later..."

or the ever-popular "Sheet Happens"

Regards

Gar

SuitedSixes
12-20-2004, 07:22 PM
One of my online "tells" is someone who has just been beaten with a good hand will tend to overplay the next. I am calling your re-raise with any ace in hand two as well. After that flop, you're done. I don't know why you're pushing with that flop anyways, you can't put him on a weaker ace than yours (even though that's what he has) so you're just as likely against a lower pair and you're down to 6 outs. Relax, let your "superior" play get you through to the money.

Allinlife
12-20-2004, 08:16 PM
dude preflop allin with dominiating ace is only 4:1 favor

save your complains til you get called street by street when your tptk loses to runner runner staight/flushes

xixel
12-20-2004, 11:23 PM
Thank you

bearly
12-21-2004, 12:55 AM
hi, hate to inject a serious note to this but: how about some part time employment to build up your bankroll so you won't be thinking about the money when you play. if you can just focus on the subject at hand (poker) and not outside considerations you will see all this in a clearer light. mainly (and this is one of my favorite subjects which drives the 8-tabling guys w/ the beanies w/ propellers on them crazy) that hold-em' is a hell of a lot more about luck than this huge hype of the last 3 or 4 years has allowed anyone to talk about. hang in there guy. i just finished a game w/ you. h