PDA

View Full Version : PP 10/20 3 AK Turn folds and 1 Raise

DrGutshot
12-20-2004, 08:11 AM
First shot at 10/20 after lagging it up at 5/10 and liking it. This was very early on in my session, Hand 4 was against a guy who was trying to push me around a lot earlier. The other people are semi loose semi aggressive. What do you think?

1)DrG has red AKo, openraises in MP, CO 3bets, folded to sb who calls, bb folds, DrG caps, CO+BB call.

Flop: Q75 2 clubs.

BB checks, DrG bets, CO raises, BB calls 2, DrG calls.

Turn: 3h

BB check, DrG check, CO bet, BB call, DrG folds.

Hand 2)
DrG has black AKo on the BB.
UTG limps, CO folds, button folds, sb completes, DrG raises, UTG+SB call.

Flop: J64r

sb checks, DrG bets, CO calls, sb folds.

Turn: 9c

DrG Bets, CO raises, DrG folds

Hand 3)
DrG has AKo on the button
UTG Raises, CO folds, DrG 3bets, folded to UTG who calls.

Flop: 966r

UTG bets, DrG raises, UTG calls

Turn: 8c

UTG bets, DrG folds.

Hand 4) BB had been trying to push me around (and I had been giving in)

DrG has 88 UTG and raises, Button calls, sb folds, BB calls.

Flop: AsAhJs

BB checks, DrG bets, button folds, BB raises, DrG calls.

Turn: 3c

BB bets, DrG raises, BB calls

River: 9c

BB checks, DrG checks...

Comments?

thanks,
-DrG

Victor
12-20-2004, 11:12 AM
I'll take a shot

Hands 1 and 2 look good.

Hand 3 I call down.

Hand 4 I call the turn and call the river. I dont like raising the turn bc it opens you up for a 3bet if the guy actually as the goods. Also, just calling encourages him to continue bluffing the river

spider
12-20-2004, 02:13 PM
1 Good

2 I call it down -- he just calls flop with SB still to act and then raises turn headsup. Good chance it is a bluff. Seems fairly unlikely he has a jack.

And the thing is, even if you are behind, there's a real good chance all 6 outs are good and if you call the turn here, I think at that point you are then pot commited on the river.

Note that the hand is not clear about whether opponent is UTG or CO. To the extent he was UTG and liked to limp really good hands, you could lean towards a fold. But if this was a weak CO limp, I definitely call it down.

3 Call it down.

4 Looks good to me although I don't know what to do if he 3-bets turn. I don't think you will get 3-bet there very often though. If he is straightforward enough that you could fold to a 3-bet, I think this line is perfect.

DrGutshot
12-20-2004, 05:53 PM
Sorry about that - yes he openlimped in the CO.

Do you ever check/call check/call at the turn+river? I'd hate to pay 3 full bets with AK unimproved by betting out and calling the raise...

-DrG