PDA

View Full Version : I'm horrible....check out this hand and table chat...

whiskeytown
12-20-2004, 07:59 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

I played this too passively on the turn and river...I know... - sometimes playing trips can be hard for me to figure out how to extract the maximum from - (CR on turn, I would think, and bet river but if he has no A, he folds on turn) - and besides I had a bad beat a bit back and was afraid of AA -

but otherwise, on a passive PartyPoker table, I'll play most suited connectors - 56 is a bit low, but with two callers already, I'll do it generally cause if I hit, I'm usually good. Next player in late position raised, but of course, I have to see it for one more bet and 10-1 pot odds.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 5h 6h (three of a kind, fives).
CO has Ah Jh (two pair, aces and fives).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.25 BB. </font>

but the fun part is after I drag the pot, he gives me [censored], and I just had a ton of fun with it. Instead of giving lip back, I've been acting like a clueless noob....which is more fun then trying to educate them. /images/graemlins/grin.gif - and I threw in the last line to seem a little less over the top...but what can ya do...LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif - I thought the misspelling of Gus's name was a nice touch - BWHAHAHA

#1324955976: whiskeytown wins $39 from the main pot with three of a kind, fives.
rchandyman1: so badat poker
whiskeytown: who?
rchandyman1: whiskey
rchandyman1: you suck
rchandyman1: at poker
whiskeytown: I learned from watching the WPT
rchandyman1: you play a bullXXXX hand
rchandyman1: then you hit
rchandyman1: and play it horribly
rchandyman1: and win the minium
ryahnWJU: lol 9k off raise?
ryahnWJU: and u hitt
whiskeytown: I learned from watching Gus Hanson
ryahnWJU: that makes me want to throw up u XXXXin moron
ryahnWJU: no wonder ur almost broke
whiskeytown: and I got tips from Celebrity Poker Showdown
whiskeytown: but it is a little different - I admit

SpaceAce
12-20-2004, 08:27 AM
Your opponent is right about one thing: you won the minimum.

One of my favorite lines in this position is to check-raise the flop then...
... If he three-bets, check-raise him again on the turn and lead the river.
... If he just calls, bet the turn then pause about 2 seconds and check the river. These guys can never EVER resists betting their Ace when you play that way and you get to hit him for two bets on the river.

SpaceAce

whiskeytown
12-20-2004, 08:36 AM
you mean I won the "minium" out of him, don't you /images/graemlins/wink.gif

you're right, but if he doesn't have an A, I don't think I'll get the turn or river bets out of him.

See what I mean...if it was a set, I'd be less worried about giving away the strength of my hand, but with trips, he's gotta suspect me of having one or the other, and only an A will stay aggressive. - and will he stay with middle pairs? - maybe. I now think he will, but this was one of my first hands with him.

and of course I forgot the first rule of SSHE, they'll call to the river with nothing, so of course, I shoulda check-raised at least the turn. - I hate checkraising the flop heads up, cause it puts them on alert - like to keep them aggressive till the double bets on turn/river

I've since reported this guy for chat abuse since he threatened to kill another guy and myself "literally and on the poker table" - over a 30 dollar pot.

RB

chesspain
12-20-2004, 08:41 AM
I might have just bet out on the river, to avoid having him check behind a non-AA pocket pair. But since you checked the river, and he bet, HOW COULD YOU NOT GO FOR THE CHECKRAISE?

whiskeytown
12-20-2004, 08:43 AM
classic case of gunshy syndrome - this table has been running all over my good hands....

I know....I deserve at least a slight beating for this one - I just thought, hmm....AA? - or 79? -

I'm horrible.

RB

chief444
12-20-2004, 08:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
See what I mean...if it was a set, I'd be less worried about giving away the strength of my hand, but with trips, he's gotta suspect me of having one or the other, and only an A will stay aggressive. - and will he stay with middle pairs? - maybe. I now think he will, but this was one of my first hands with him.

[/ QUOTE ]
OK then...why didn't you raise the river if this was your concern?

I didn't bother reading your chat BTW. I'd suggest focusing a little more on better play than on the chat.

sthief09
12-20-2004, 11:28 AM
it's not everyday I get to say "misplayed on every street"

sfer
12-20-2004, 11:41 AM
I want bdk3clash to post some of his insanely hilarious table chat, live and online.

ErrantNight
12-20-2004, 01:34 PM
yeah. horrendous.

uw_madtown
12-20-2004, 01:40 PM
Bet-reraise the turn. If you aren't going to do that, check-raise the turn at least.

If you're this gunshy, you need to drink more whiskey.

whiskeytown
12-21-2004, 08:22 PM
this was just an exceptionally bad table

I flopped nut st8 once, and got run down by 10/4 offsuit who went runner/runner

I had QQ and lost to KK - I had KK and lost to AA

after a while, I just quit...I figured I was good enough to beat it, but ya know....God wouldn't let me...LOL

RB

Swills
12-21-2004, 08:58 PM
"whiskeytown: I learned from watching the WPT"

LMAO! Classic.

Yeah I had a run in with someone of the same mental calibur yesterday on Party Poker myself. I was in late position with K 9 suited with no raises behind me. Flop hits X 9 9. Everyone checked and I bet. Everyone folded except for one guy. We play to the river and he was in awe that I beat him with a set of 9's. Insisting that playing K 9 suited was a horrible call and blah, blah, blah...

The only time I ever say anything is when someone makes a horrible call, like reraising me with 8 4 offsuit in early postion. Of course I'lljust say, " you reraised me with that?".

uw_madtown
12-21-2004, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only time I ever say anything is when someone makes a horrible call, like reraising me with 8 4 offsuit in early postion. Of course I'lljust say, " you reraised me with that?".

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do this. Don't ever, ever, EVER antagonize or question a fish. A fish, like a customer, is always right.

Swills
12-21-2004, 09:04 PM
I'm not saying I put them down. I'm just pointing out that the mistake of reraising with 8 4o in early position. Now you might say don't give them any advice but I doubt they'll listen anyway.

uw_madtown
12-21-2004, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying I put them down. I'm just pointing out that the mistake of reraising with 8 4o in early position. Now you might say don't give them any advice but I doubt they'll listen anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only two things can come of you giving them advice:

1) They don't listen and instead get mad -- not a good thing, despite how many people like to try and put people on tilt. When mad, a fish may play better to spite you, may take shots at you when you least want them to, or may even leave the game.

2) They do listen, even just a little, and play just a little better.

Neither is a good thing. I understand the desire to say "WTF?" at some of this stuff, but what good does it do YOU, personally? Do you really want them to stop playing 84o like a retard? If so, you have a bad understanding of how money is made in poker. If not, then you shouldn't say a word about bad play.

Nothing personal, but this is easily my biggest pet peeve.

Swills
12-21-2004, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only two things can come of you giving them advice:

1) They don't listen and instead get mad -- not a good thing, despite how many people like to try and put people on tilt. When mad, a fish may play better to spite you, may take shots at you when you least want them to, or may even leave the game.

2) They do listen, even just a little, and play just a little better.

Neither is a good thing. I understand the desire to say "WTF?" at some of this stuff, but what good does it do YOU, personally? Do you really want them to stop playing 84o like a retard? If so, you have a bad understanding of how money is made in poker. If not, then you shouldn't say a word about bad play.

Nothing personal, but this is easily my biggest pet peeve.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see your point. I would rather they play badly. So I guess I will keep my trap shut and say WTF in the privacy of my home.

uw_madtown
12-21-2004, 09:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this was just an exceptionally bad table

I flopped nut st8 once, and got run down by 10/4 offsuit who went runner/runner

I had QQ and lost to KK - I had KK and lost to AA

after a while, I just quit...I figured I was good enough to beat it, but ya know....God wouldn't let me...LOL

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Since one fight has already been picked (glad you see it my way Swills -- get some stress balls or something though, I swear my blood pressure is up as a result of keeping my mouth shut), may as well pick another.

If you're playing shy because God/variance/LadyLuck doesn't like you today, then you're on tilt and need to stop playing -- you definitely shouldn't keep playing in weak-tight mode.

EliteNinja
12-21-2004, 09:20 PM
Yeah just use 'nh' instead of insulting people.
This may induce them to play in the same predictable manner. Predictable is good.

nh = WTF?!
nh = You played THAT?!
nh = You suck!
nh = frickin suckout!
nh = nice hand (for those royals or straight flushes)

Swills
12-21-2004, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah just use 'nh' instead of insulting people.
This may induce them to play in the same predictable manner. Predictable is good.

nh = WTF?!
nh = You played THAT?!
nh = You suck!
nh = frickin suckout!
nh = nice hand (for those royals or straight flushes)

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Excellent idea! I'll use that in chat and get me a puching bag hung right next to my computer. I think I'll name the punching bag Bad Beat.

gaming_mouse
12-21-2004, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it's not everyday I get to say "misplayed on every street"

[/ QUOTE ]

sthief, that actually made me laugh out loud. out of curiosity, what are all the errors you see?

i see:

fold preflop
bet out flop (or c/r?)
bet out turn (or c/r?)
obviously he missed a raise on the river

TIA,
gm

sthief09
12-21-2004, 09:31 PM
check-raise the flop, bet the turn, bet the river, fold preflop

whiskeytown
12-22-2004, 10:16 AM
first off, I disagree with the fold preflop. - I believe SSHE makes a point of expanding which suited connectors you can play in medium/late position on a passive table down to 65 suited -(can't find the book right now....will look for it) - calling two bets cold, bad, but it was just one bet with two limpers in the pot when I made my call - and as Ed would say, it's a mistake to not call for one more bet when you're already in the pot.

If I checkraise the flop, and he doesn't have an A, he mucks. Since when did playing overaggressive=maximum EV? - given my situation, I was fully justified in calling the flop to keep him off balance and if he was bluffing, to allow him to continue to do so with freedom. I only get called if he has an A or high pair once I checkraise - I really think the place to do it was the turn or river - not the flop.

It's like there's this mentality that people have been getting of aggressive play, aggressive play, raise, bet, raise EVEN at the expensive of some EV - I flopped a pretty big hand into a preflop raiser, so why would I want him to slow down early by doing the checkraise on the flop?

and of course, it's real easy to see the proper course of action when you know he has an A - but what if he has QQ or worse yet, KQ - there go my bets on the turn and river cause I scared him out of the pot too soon.

I've already stated I know I blew the last two rounds - no reason to go into that.

RB

djoyce003
12-22-2004, 10:38 AM
pretty horrendous not raising somewhere in there. You should have won at LEAST one more big bet.

Spartan1983
12-22-2004, 11:22 AM
I'm with the majority. Fold preflop, and misplayed on every street. Your out of position to start with, only 2 callers before you act. If everyone but the BB folds behind you, that's pretty weak odds with a poor hand.

whiskeytown
12-22-2004, 11:39 AM
Mid-late position is out of position? - I mean, sure, there's two more guys to call, but with 3 players already in, I though for sure I'd have the odds for the preflop call, at least.

RB

Bob T.
12-22-2004, 06:10 PM
I think the preflop call was a little loose. Not as bad as some are making it out to be.

But if you aren't going to get a raise in somewheere when you hit your longshot, then you aren't getting enough on the other end of the implied odds calculation to make your hand playable. It's only worth playing, if you are going to get paid well when you win, because you aren't going to win often enough otherwise.

So, if you played it the way you did, then the preflop call was horrible.

Nice chat, though /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

shant
12-22-2004, 06:24 PM
Was this player the type of player to continue betting a flop of A55 with KQ? I think a player with KQ would take the free-card on the turn if you called that flop.

Why not bet into him on that flop and see what he does. If he raises, you know he has an A and you can smooth-call and then check-raise the turn.

And if he did have QQ or KQ and folds, oh well, you still won the pot.

And regardless of all that, you should've raised that river.

arkady
12-22-2004, 06:33 PM
why are you posting this? you dont actually think he is wrong, do you? From the chat I am also gathering that you are sitting under rolled - I am impressed!