PDA

View Full Version : 98s/preflop cap, flop top two on monotone board, phew.

TripleH68
12-20-2004, 05:13 AM
PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

This hand confused me. Aggression level at this table is average. How did I do? Comments on all streets welcome.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (20 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (17 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (25 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds...

bdk3clash
12-20-2004, 09:35 AM
Tough one. MP3 looks to have either 78s (yay!) or TJs (boo!), both favorite MP donk limp-raising hands. BB should have AA/KK/QQ here; I'll guess AA with the A/images/graemlins/club.gif.

Anyhoo, preflop is fine, flop is fine.

On the turn, I think you just want to see a river/showdown as cheaply as possible since if you raise BB's bet MP3 will 3-bet with TJ or a flush and then BB might cap and then god only knows what to do.

I also think you should fold this river; I can't see you winning even 4% of the time.

TripleH68
12-20-2004, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tough one. MP3 looks to have either 78s (yay!) or TJs (boo!), both favorite MP donk limp-raising hands. BB should have AA/KK/QQ here; I'll guess AA with the A/images/graemlins/club.gif.

Anyhoo, preflop is fine, flop is fine.

On the turn, I think you just want to see a river/showdown as cheaply as possible since if you raise BB's bet MP3 will 3-bet with TJ or a flush and then BB might cap and then god only knows what to do.

I also think you should fold this river; I can't see you winning even 4% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well read. BB held A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP held JT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I was stuck in the middle, but felt there was no point I could give up on the hand? Or was there?

I folded when a club hit the river. The dope MP raised the nut flush and called a three bet. Duh.