PDA

View Full Version : Floped a full house

Brash620
12-20-2004, 04:21 AM
Live 2/4 game. I had no reads except that UTG was very lose and called most hands to showdown

Preflop: Hero is in the big blind with T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1-2 folds,MP3 calls, CO raises, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls

Flop: (8.5 SB) T /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue"> (4 Players) </font>
Hero checks, UTG bets, MP3 calls, CO raises, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls

Turn: (7.25 BB) J /images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 Players) </font>
Hero checks, UTG bets, MP3 Calls, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG caps, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero calls

River: (20.25 BB) J /images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue"> (3 Players) </font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO bets, Hero calls, UTG calls

Final Pot: 23.25 BB

Any suggestions, comments, ect.?

bdk3clash
12-20-2004, 08:52 AM
Looks fine. My preferred line on this flop is to bet, call any raises, and then lead the turn. For some reason this seems to be pretty effective at goading people to raise the turn so you can 3-bet, though I'm not sure why. I guess it kind of looks like one of those "raise the turn so I can fold to a raise" bets.

Anyway, preflop is fine. (Some people 3-bet here; I usually don't.)

Flop is OK but I would have bet out like I said.

Turn is great; you got it capped 3-ways which is great.

In the heat of the moment I think check-calling the river is fine; that sure is a pretty crappy card there on the end. However, it kind of looks like CO is overplaying his overpair QQ/KK/AA, and UTG's line looks more like 5x (A5 sooted?) than Jx. I think it's close between betting and check-calling.

"I had no reads except that UTG was very lose and called most hands to showdown"

You should have better reads than this at a live game.

Russ McGinley
12-20-2004, 08:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Live 2/4 game. I had no reads except that UTG was very lose and called most hands to showdown

Preflop: Hero is in the big blind with T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1-2 folds,MP3 calls, CO raises, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls

Flop: (8.5 SB) T /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue"> (4 Players) </font>
Hero checks, UTG bets, MP3 calls, CO raises, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls

Turn: (7.25 BB) J /images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 Players) </font>
Hero checks, UTG bets, MP3 Calls, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG caps, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero calls

River: (20.25 BB) J /images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue"> (3 Players) </font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO bets, Hero calls, UTG calls

Final Pot: 23.25 BB

Any suggestions, comments, ect.?

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like CO has AA/KK and MP has A5s or 65s. CO may also have A /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif.