PDA

View Full Version : AA too fast on flop?

edtost
12-20-2004, 01:57 AM
UTG is an overaggro fucktard, bb is loose-passive; both reads are based on very few hands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

call and wait for the turn?

Evan
12-20-2004, 02:02 AM
With the backdoor flush draw (thus making a turned heart not so bad) I might be inclined to wait til the turn. That being said checkraising hands are usually not going to fold to 3 bets so I can't say that you played it wrong. Since you only gain 1 sb from waiting (theoretically) I think its very close.

The LPness of the BB makes me more apt to 3 bet the flop since I'm not expecting him to fold.

Okay, done thinking out loud. I like the 3 bet.

sthief09
12-20-2004, 02:42 AM
Evan overanalyzed this. it's an easy 3-bet. as has been said here before "fastplaying is the new slowplaying"