PDA

View Full Version : 10 hands, PP5/10 reply or be cursed!

DrGutshot
12-20-2004, 01:28 AM
Returning to 5/106max after a long 200bb slide, trying to improve my vpip to ~21 and pfr to around 14. formerly at 18/12.

Assume all no-reads, all of these were in the first 20 minutes of my session.

If you are too lazy to respond to all of them, please respond to 3 or 4.

Thanks.

Also - don't be turned off by the large number of hands, I think a bunch of these are standard. If so...just say "standard".

1)
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: DrG is BB with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, DrG calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
DrG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">DrG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, DrG calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
DrG checks, Button checks.

River: (5.20 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
DrG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, DrG calls.

Final Pot: 7.20 BB

2)
Button openraises, sb calls, I call in the BB with QJs.

Flop: KQ9 2 clubs

SB openfolds, I checkraise, button calls.

Turn: Ad

I bet and fold to a raise.

3)

Button openraises, SB calls, I call with 55.

Flop: AJ7r

checked around

Turn: 7 putting 2 clubs on the board

SB bets, I fold...

4)

folded to SB, I raise in BB with A6o, SB calls.

Flop: JT5r, he checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn: 8 putting 2 spades on board

he checks, i bet, he calls

River: Ks

he checks I check...

5)

I openraise in the CO with A3d, button 3bets, folded to me I call.

Flop: 755 1 diamond.

I check/fold...

6) I openraise on the button with A4o, SB coldcalls, BB folds.

Flop K63 rainbow.

SB checks, I bet, SB calls.

Turn is a 5 putting 2 of a suit on the board.

SB checks, I bet, SB raises, I call.

River is an 8, no flush possible

SB bets, I fold.

7)
I have QJc in the CO. MP limps, I raise, button folds, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

flop is J72 all diamonds.

checked to me, I bet, SB calls, others fold.

Turn is the Ac

check, I bet, checkraised, I fold.

8)
I openraise 99 in MP, CO CC, button/sb fold, BB calls.

Flop: QJ2, 2 clubs

BB checks, I bet, CO raises, BB folds, I call?

Turn 7h

I check/fold.

9)
I openraise on the button w/K9o, SB 3 bets, BB folds, I call.

Flop: KQ4 2 diamonds.

sb bets, I call planning on raising the turn.

Turn: 6s

sb bets, I raise, sb 3bets, I fold

10)
I openraise QJs in the CO, button CC, sb folds, bb folds.

Flop: KQ9r.

I bet, button raises, I call

Turn:7 completing the rainbow

I check/fold.

Now a couple quickies:

A.2 limps, I fold Axo in the SB?

B.all limps, I call Q4s on the button?

C.I openraise heads up in the SB with Q7s...?

D.I openraise heads up in the sb with T8s...?

E.CO openraises, I fold A6o in the SB?

Thanks much.

-DrG

tempest7178
12-20-2004, 05:50 AM
1. close between folding and calling, the turn check looks fishy on the other guys part. He is afraid of a flush/turn check raise, has absolutely nothing. On the river you beat KQ, QT, KT, T9, etc. It's close, without knowing the player, loose passives will check high cards here and pairs lower than jacks but will bet an ace or jack. LAGs, nutcases and the majority of 5/10ers will bet anything here if checked to twice. Flip a coin.

2. yup

3. yup

4. yup, although sometimes i will check here to try to get action if an ace flops :/. That may not be a good idea though since ppl here love chasing down with anything.

5. yup

6. yup

7. yup

8. yup

9. on hands like this I go call-call-call. It gets tricky if they check to you on the turn, you bet and are check-raised... in that case I think i would lay down /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

10. yup

A. depends on players, no reads, yes ill fold unless one proves to me he will payoff with MP on an Ace high board or pay off with....nothing

B. yup

c. yup

d. yup

e. yup

Tempest

if anything I said seems really out of whack its 4:50am and its hard to see straight : ).

cocofrite
12-20-2004, 08:30 AM
1) I fold when button three bets the checkraise

2) ok

3) bet the flop then check fold ?

4) i check the turn and fold the river if he bets

5) hard one : i'd check call then check fold or check call all the way down to the river if there's a diamond on the turn

6) like 4) check the turn after him fold the river if he bets, sometimes but rarely i'll call the river to avoid getting bullied in the future

7) ok

8) i fold to the check raise

9) i call all the way down to the river

10) i check call down to the river

helpmeout
12-20-2004, 10:01 AM
1. Checkraise, I dont like here, 2 spades you have none. If he has a big spade he might continue to bluff the turn with A high. I am more inclined to checkraise if I have an additional backdoor draw.

On a drawless board of rags I checkraise but not here, check/fold.

2. I 3bet preflop, check/call the turn you still have outs.

3. Fair enough, you really need a read to make a move.

4. I prefer to check preflop and bet/raise the flop. I normally check the turn here he probably has something and wont be folding.

5. A backdoor flush and an Ace I'd see the turn.

6. A4o with no reads I muck this preflop. You need reads to call/fold the river.

7. Standard

8. Calling the raise is ok. I'd want to see a T or a 9 to call a turn bet.

9. 2 diamonds = raise the flop KQ is also a common raising hand so you want to findout now whether you are drawing dead not on expensive streets.

10. Weak, at least calldown. I checkraise a PFR with bottom pair here. 2nd pairGK and a gutshot, this is an easy calldown.

A I usually call A5o-A7o raise A8o

B Trash, dump it. Q8s if you are very good postflop, K7s.

C Nah unless he is tight, Q9o yep.

D As above, I'd probably only raise with JTs he has position on you so you are at a disadvantage. Thats why you can raise weaker hands from the button.

E Need a read, if you arent sure its best to fold.