PDA

View Full Version : could i have avoided aces being cracked

billuhbong
12-19-2004, 11:54 PM
this is just disgusting, lost around 500 yesterday and this just made me furious
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (24 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (15.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, SB calls.

River: (17.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

sfer
12-19-2004, 11:57 PM
No.

Joe Tall
12-20-2004, 12:08 AM
this is just disgusting, lost around 500 yesterday and this just made me furious

I don't think you are ready for 5/10, you should consider dropping down a few levels. As for the hand, well played.

Welcome to the forum,
Joe Tall

billuhbong
12-20-2004, 12:12 AM
who the hell are u joe tall? and wat makes u think i cant handle 5/10 i could handle any stakes game, im better than the ppl who play 30/60 online

Hack
12-20-2004, 12:14 AM
I think what Joe means is that if you're at $5/$10 and don't understand that aces get cracked sometimes(or even a fair amount of the time in loose games), that maybe you should move down to like $2/$4 before you lose all of your money from tilt.

I could be wrong though.

12-20-2004, 12:18 AM
Yes you are right Hack.

And I also think what Joe was saying was if you don't understand you played that hand correctly, then you can't be a good enough player for 5/10.

And I don't believe he was trying to be rude.

Spicymoose
12-20-2004, 12:19 AM
Perhaps you should go back to the 30/60 games. If you are better than those people, I don't get why you would be playing 5/10. Actually, I think you might be able to make the jump to 1000/2000....

bdk3clash
12-20-2004, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
who the hell are u joe tall? and wat makes u think i cant handle 5/10 i could handle any stakes game, im better than the ppl who play 30/60 online

[/ QUOTE ]
Joe Tall got PIZOWNZORED!!!

MoreWineII
12-20-2004, 12:25 AM
If you're so good, why are you losing with aces?

Pfft.

sfer
12-20-2004, 12:27 AM
Autistic, actually. It's fairly mild and he's relatively high functioning. Self shitting is still a problem, but that might be more beer than 'tard related.

Harv72b
12-20-2004, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? I'm assuming SB caught the straight on the river...that means he made (by my count) 4 absolutely terrible calls against you in this hand. If he loses every time he does that, he stops doing that. Players like that are what your buddy list is for.

If a bad beat is making you "furious", then, in my own humble opinion, you're not nearly as good a player as you think you are.

Joe Tall
12-20-2004, 12:33 AM
Hack said:

I think what joe means is that if you're at $5/$10 and don't understand that aces get cracked sometimes(or even a fair amount of the time in loose games), that maybe you should move down to like $2/$4 before you lose all of your money from tilt

And I also think what joe was saying was if you don't understand you played that hand correctly, then you can't be a good enough player for 5/10.

And you both are correct. Just posting this hand says alot about our new friend's game and it's just not ready for 5/10. Poker is much more than playing the odds/cards/man, there is a lot of self control that must be demonstrated. You have to learn to understand and Enjoy a Bad Beat (http://www.riveredagain.com/articles.php#Tall_Enjoy_a_Bad_Beat).

Peace,
Joe Tall

BottlesOf
12-20-2004, 12:34 AM
How about waiting until the turn?

AviD
12-20-2004, 12:35 AM
Fold preflop, they'll never get cracked that way.

BottlesOf
12-20-2004, 12:36 AM
Losing 500 in a day of 5/10 is not that big a deal. You should try and play less furiously.

billuhbong
12-20-2004, 12:44 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

River: (9.20 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Th Tc (full house, jacks full of tens).
Button has Ah Ac (full house, jacks full of aces).
Outcome: Button wins 11.20 BB. </font>

me454555
12-20-2004, 12:47 AM
Wait. so your upset b/c you hit a miracle 2 outter on the turn and lost it on the river? You were behind pf and the best hand won on the river.

sfer
12-20-2004, 12:50 AM
You rule.

bdk3clash
12-20-2004, 12:55 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, we may have found the next Airpoaneman.

Billuhbong, do you breed horses?

Joe Tall
12-20-2004, 12:56 AM
NOW i tried to get revenge on aces being cracked AND fAILS

Drop down to 1/2, trust me.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Brash620
12-20-2004, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How about waiting until the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about this myself, but then I relized that it may not be succesful becasue your only hope would be if UTG leads the turn.

Brash620
12-20-2004, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By better than the people who play 30/60 online I'm assumimg that you mean you can take their money. That being said why are you playing 5/10 to begin with?

By the way, if you can't tell I took the liberty of marking all the words that you can't seem to figure out how to spell. I'm sure its a waste of my time but I thuoght I would try to help. Also judging by the fact that you type like your 14 I'm guessing that you lost $500 in fake money because 1. your not old enogh to play for real money and 2. your a douche bag. So if you would please quit posting bs responses because If you were to sit in at a real 30/60 table you would get tore up worse than a drunk girl on prom night.

PokeHer
12-20-2004, 02:32 AM
Bill, a note on your title. You shouldn't use titles like that as they display the outcome of the hand. Read the posting guidelines

sthief09
12-20-2004, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By better than the people who play 30/60 online I'm assumimg that you mean you can take their money. That being said why are you playing 5/10 to begin with?

By the way, if you can't tell I took the liberty of marking all the words that you can't seem to figure out how to spell. I'm sure its a waste of my time but I thuoght I would try to help. Also judging by the fact that you type like your 14 I'm guessing that you lost $500 in fake money because 1. your not old enogh to play for real money and 2. your a douche bag. So if you would please quit posting bs responses because If you were to sit in at a real 30/60 table you would get tore up worse than a drunk girl on prom night.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. in other words, the word is "you're" not "your"

I also think you're being quick to judge. he may have said some stupid things, but I think he's aware that the word is spelled "you" and not "u." plenty of people write like that. it doesn't mean they can't spell.

also, the only thing he's showed so far is that he can't handle the swings of the game. that doesn't mean he can't beat a specific game. it means he should just play more.

that being said, he did act like a douche and probably won't get any responses to his questions anymore.

nolanfan34
12-20-2004, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
who the hell are u joe tall?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been wondering the same damn thing.

Brash620
12-20-2004, 03:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

don't throw stones if you live in a glass house. in other words, the word is "you're" not "your"

I also think you're being quick to judge. he may have said some stupid things, but I think he's aware that the word is spelled "you" and not "u." plenty of people write like that. it doesn't mean they can't spell.

also, the only thing he's showed so far is that he can't handle the swings of the game. that doesn't mean he can't beat a specific game. it means he should just play more.

that being said, he did act like a douche and probably won't get any responses to his questions anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

So grammar isn't my strong point, point sthief.

The typeing was realy just a bonus reason not to like the kid. Aside from being a total ass to joe tall, the thing that got me on this is his comments about beating a 30/60 game. I went back and looked at his other post, he has posted nothing that represents a good player. This is just some random duchebag kid that has seen poker on tv and now, for some reason, he thinks he's great.

SinCityGuy
12-20-2004, 03:17 AM
I've found that this keeps them from getting cracked.

sthief09
12-20-2004, 03:34 AM
and this affects you because...

Brash620
12-20-2004, 03:49 AM
Because I want the time back I spent reading his dribble.

arkady
12-20-2004, 03:53 AM
welcome to the SS forum, by the looks of things you will be a well loved individual here.

P.S. way to go insulting one of the most seasoned posters and just in case you are puzzled, it does not mean he is well salted.

River2Pair
12-20-2004, 03:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Because I want the time back I spent reading his dribble.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many posters on 2+2 who are downright annoying for various reasons. Some post nonsense, some don't bother to proofread, some insult people, some ask for money, and some turn every thread they're in into a debate about the history of civilization. Other posters are sincere, and dedicated to learning, and to teaching others what they have learned so far.

If you don't learn how to take the stuff you like, and leave the rest, you will not have a very good time here, and you will be wasting time and brain cells on stuff that doesn't matter.

Peace
--Tom

arkady
12-20-2004, 04:00 AM
dribble....is this some kind of phonetic representation of the word drivel? *deep thought*