PDA

View Full Version : An interesting TT hand that I just remembered

Evan
12-19-2004, 11:26 PM
Another hand from the Borg 10/20 that I just thought of.

sfer, boom boom and Avid are in the game but not involved in this hand.

MP is typical loose passive that coldcalls too much and does stupid things when he has cards
CO is unknown but pretty old so I assume him to be rockish. This was just a guess so feel free to fabricate your own reads or disgregard them all together.

I'm in the BB with TT (suits not important)

MP limps, CO raises, folded to me, I 3 bet, MP calls 2 cold, CO caps, we both call

Flop: AT3r (12.5 sb)

What's you plan from here?

I'll post the next part of the hand later, but I want to see how people are thinking at this point because I'm not sure if I like my thought process at the time.

Entity
12-19-2004, 11:42 PM
I think I'm betting out for pot building purposes. I can't see CO giving me a ton if he has KK or QQ, so I'm going to bet and hope he has AK, so we can keep MP trapped in between.

Is MP bad enough that he'd call two cold often on a flop (or subsequent turn) like this?

Rob

Evan
12-20-2004, 12:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is MP bad enough that he'd call two cold often on a flop (or subsequent turn) like this?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd say its pretty likely that he'd call two if he had intended to call one.

Is this hand just so mind numbingly simple that no one wants to degrade their reputation by offering a response?

12-20-2004, 12:44 AM
I bet the flop..

next..

Evan
12-20-2004, 12:49 AM
I was more interested in why people would do what they did and why they would proceede in a certain way given various action.

Spicymoose
12-20-2004, 12:56 AM
If you check you risk not getting in any flop bets. If your opponents have an ace you should feel lucky and they will push back hard. If they don't have an ace, they may check behind, yet be willing to call the initial flop bet. Furthermore, if one of them has AK or AQ, they may call your flop bet, then raise you on the turn. Gold. The benefits of checking seem pretty small, as a check raise may scare away MP, and you are out of position to know what to do next.

edtost
12-20-2004, 12:57 AM
i bet/3bet the flop assuming i have the best hand. i bet the turn because i have the best hand. if a draw comes and rando guy comes alive, or if old rocky guy continues raising on the turn, "now is the point in the hand where i start calling down"

7ontheline
12-20-2004, 01:07 AM
You're not going to get lots of action unless one of the other players in the hand has an ace, so you might as well play as if someone does. If you're up against KK or QQ, I have to imagine they'll be intimidated by the ace on board with multiple players in the hand. I bet out to see what happens. If called, I keep betting on later streets until I get raised, at which point I reraise. If I am raised, I might call and go for a CR at a later point - you probably can afford to wait until the river if you want. 3-betting the flop is a possibility, but AK or AQ is going to have to think you have something that beats top pair at that point. If you're really lucky, someone got a little too crazy with AT preflop.

Evan
12-20-2004, 01:28 AM
Ok, so the concensus seems to be to bet out.

I did bet, MP called, CO called

Turn: Kr (7.75 BB)

What's the plan now?

private joker
12-20-2004, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so the concensus seems to be to bet out.

I did bet, MP called, CO called

Turn: Kr (7.75 BB)

What's the plan now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet. Whomever has AK will obviously raise (prob the CO), and you can 3-bet. If he caps, check-call the river. If, after you bet, MP raises and CO 3-bets, then pull down your pants, moon the table, and sing the score to Guys & Dolls.

Evan
12-20-2004, 04:23 AM
maybe you guys need some more help. lets say I bet, MP calls and the CO raises (this is not what happened but it is what I considered before I bet). What do you do then?

River2Pair
12-20-2004, 04:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
maybe you guys need some more help. lets say I bet, MP calls and the CO raises (this is not what happened but it is what I considered before I bet). What do you do then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call his raise. C/R turn, lead river.

If he 3-bets the turn, call down.

That's what I do. sorta like that (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1408570&page=1&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=2&fpart=1)

Evan
12-20-2004, 05:00 AM
We were already on the turn. I bet and they called the flop.

edtost
12-20-2004, 05:03 AM
this is the point in the hand where ed starts calling down.

nepenthe
12-20-2004, 05:25 AM
Hello.

I've been taking a week's worth of break thus far from poker (no sob stories here - just successfully trying out the work-for-the-first-ten-days-of-the-month-and-take-the-rest-of-the-month-off strategy for the first time) and haven't visited here much and thus my senses may be rusty, but here is what would do.

The preflop 3-bet is OK. Once it's capped, though, I'd put on the breaks immediately. One may well think that CO is isolating a weak MP limper, but plenty of apparently octogenarian tight-passives are fully capable of playing their own two cards with little to no regard as to position or reads on others. He may have had a real hand at the time he raised, and he almost definitely has a real hand at the time he caps.

For the above reason, I would stay on the conservative side until I have a better read, as such:

On the flop, I would play it fast, i.e. bet with intention of 3-betting if given the chance since MP will probably call two more if he is willing to call one on the flop.

On the turn, regardless of the action on the flop, I would reluctantly fire out one more bet with intention of calling down the rest of the way if CO raises. That's all there is to it. If it's 2-cold to me on the turn, I'd curse, let it go, and patiently observe the rest of the action.

HajiShirazu
12-20-2004, 05:50 AM
Bet, call down if CO raises. If it's raised and 3 bet to you, I think you might have to fold.