PDA

View Full Version : KK becomes a set

stonecold
12-19-2004, 11:16 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.75 BB

I need some comments on this hand, just entered the game. But i have watched like 10 hands before taking my seat, when i was waiting for a seat. A maniac is cleaning the table making some players go on steam. Nevertheless CO appears to be tight and agressive.

I felt like i played the river very weak, i just want confirmation on thsi so i really dont need alot of responses. Should i 3-bet the river or just call ? how afraid should i be for the str8 ?

Hack
12-19-2004, 11:38 PM
I am not that worried about the straight here.

If CO is a tag, he would probably not 3bet with AJ or 910, the only str8 possibilities.

You've gotta think you're ahead here. If he does have AJ or 9-10 at the end then I think you can take him off your TAG list. 9-10 is definitely a terrible 3bet, and so is AJ, although to a slightly lesser extent.

Alexthegreat
12-19-2004, 11:48 PM
If he really is a TAG, the river should have been 3-bet....very rare for a TAG to 3-bet either 9T or AT....It looks like a set of queens here, and you missed a bet, maybe even two on the river....

stonecold
12-19-2004, 11:54 PM
Yeah exactly what i thought after the hand. yeah good time to be wise.... Thanks well i should have 3 betted. He had JJ.

MoreWineII
12-20-2004, 01:49 AM
I don't even see that many loose players 3-bet with ATs pre-flop. I'd 3-bet the river, I think you're much more likely to see JJ, QQ here. Maybe even an overplayed AK.

private joker
12-20-2004, 03:54 AM
The majority of the time I think you win, but he has ATs often enough for this river call to be okay I think. If you get 3-bet, you don't want to get capped because then you're almost surely a loser. He won't 4-bet the river with QQ, because even an idiot knows it's the fourth nuts (after AT, T9, and KK).

HajiShirazu
12-20-2004, 05:59 AM
Weak, 3-bet river.

SpaceAce
12-20-2004, 06:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe even an overplayed AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

That JJ was severely overplayed unless the villain thinks the hero is a borderline maniac.

SpaceAce

Cerril
12-20-2004, 06:43 AM
I think you're looking at JJ/QQ an overwhelming majority of the time (less often ATs/KJs but I don't give people too much credit for being authentically good players. Most are either properly tight -or- properly aggressive, not both). Some players will inexplicably try to isolate with almost any PP, so a stealth-bad player could be holding 33.

AT is just so very rarely going to be among his holdings that I'd be prepared to lose another two bets on the river. I'd consider this close to an autocap on every street

stonecold
12-20-2004, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe even an overplayed AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

That JJ was severely overplayed unless the villain thinks the hero is a borderline maniac.

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that i took a bad players seat or that he somehow took me for another player cause he was playing really good the rest of the session. Maybe he was steaming becuase that maniac was winning every hand.

Derek in NYC
12-20-2004, 10:54 AM
I agree. Re-raise the river. Villian has QQ, and your hand is good.

djoyce003
12-20-2004, 11:18 AM
there is no way a TAG capped with A10 or or 9 10. He's got a set of jacks or a set of queens and you have him crushed.