PDA

View Full Version : Game I call Numbnutz, heard of it?

03-18-2002, 12:30 PM
I started a game during our regular Sunday game I call Numbnutz and was wondering if I invented it or if it already exsists. It is played like Omaha except that the last card is a high low Chicago. (7 or less is low in that suit 8 or more is high in that suit) Pot is split, high hand must use two cards out of the hand. Fun game with lots of action. If it already exsists what is the real name?

03-18-2002, 04:26 PM
Smitty - "High Chicago" is the name of a variation of seven card stud where the high spade in the hole splits the pot with the best high hand. "Low Chicago" is the name of a variation of seven card stud where the low spade in the hole splits the pot with the best low hand.

You wrote, "It is played like Omaha except that the last card is a high low Chicago."

Questions: (1) Do you mean "It is played like Omaha-high-low?"

(2) What does "the last card is a high low Chicago" mean?

You wrote, "7 or less is low in that suit 8 or more is high in that suit"

That would seem to reduce the number of low cards in the deck from 32 to 31, with no one knowing which eight counted for high (with the remaining eights counting for low) until the river.

Question: (3) Do you mean A2345678 count for low in three suits and A234567 count for low in one suit?

You wrote, "Pot is split"

Question: (4) Do you mean split between high and low?

You wrote, "high hand must use two cards out of the hand."

I'm wondering why you singled out for the high hand mention the and omitted reference to the low hand, if the split is between the high hand and the low hand.

Question: (5) Assuming the split is between high and low, must the low hand also use two cards?

Buzz

03-18-2002, 05:05 PM
Hi Buzz

1) Played just like Omaha, you get delt 4 cards and five cards come up. (Burn, flop, burn, turn, burn river)

2) River card is the Chicago card, example.. if the river is 4 of hearts than the person with the lowest heart in his hand wins half the pot. He could still win the other half if he has the best high hand

3) No low hand, high hand wins half the pot, chicago win other half

4) High hand must use two cards, no low hand

5)No low hand chicago is one card

I also forgot to mention that we use a coin drop at the end to diclare what you are going for,

drop 1 coin for chicago (Must have a card in that suit in your hand)

drop 2 coins for high hand

drop 3 coins for both (must win both)

But can be played as cards talk.

Smitty

03-18-2002, 06:44 PM
Smitty - Thanks. I get it. That makes sense. Interesting sounding game.

Did you consider making the lowest card on the board (or the last lowest, in case of ties) the Chicago suit?

Buzz