PDA

View Full Version : KK hand. Advice on turn?

aLOWdAkING
12-19-2004, 10:48 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Villain has 30.56 VP$IP, W$SD 100% (2 times), total AF of 0.31.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP2 posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 (poster) folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB <font color="#A500AF">(Villain)</font> calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, Villain calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises</font>, Hero calls.

The Villain paused a while before checking, making it seem like he hit his trips and planned on check-raising. Does anybody check behind here with a "read" like that, or do you continue to bet to make an Ace or flush/straight draw pay to see the river? Does anybody fold on the check-raise?

River: (8.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Villain has 4h Ah (three of a kind, fours).
Hero has Kd Kh (two pair, kings and fours).
Outcome: Villain wins 10.75 BB. </font>

pointcount
12-19-2004, 11:07 PM
I think those reads are inconsequential due to the fact he could be multi-tabling, or could have got up to get a coffee whatever. I think you are correct to bet here. I'm also interested to know if anyone folds here, and whats the river play? I'm inclined to call turn call river (with an overpair), what does everyone else do?

milesdyson
12-19-2004, 11:31 PM
You know, I just played a somewhat similar hand.

I had Q/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the BB, raised two limpers. 3 to the flop.

Flop came: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet out, two limpers call.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet out, first limper calls. Second limper raises. I call hoping for a 9, T, or Q.

River: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, other guy checks, raiser bets, I fold. Other guy calls.

Raiser shows J/images/graemlins/diamond.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif, other guy shows A/images/graemlins/spade.gifJ/images/graemlins/club.gif. I might have been able to make a better play on this hand but I'm not at my normal computer --&gt; no PT info. You had the privilege of seeing his AF of 0.31. That would seriously make me want to fold to the check raise.