PDA

View Full Version : Don't do what I just did

Leo99
12-19-2004, 10:41 PM
I had a suspicious looking mole removed from my leg just above my knee about two weeks ago. The Dr. removed the stitches yesterday and he had told me that newly stitch removed skin only has 10% of the strength of healthy skin. It felt great. Well, I bent down to pick up something bending my knee all the way. You know the sound when you tear cloth, like if you split your pants? A horrible, horrible sound. I ripped my leg wide open right where the skin had just healed. Let me tell you, when they cut those moles out, they cut them out pretty deep. I can't look at it without getting nauseaous. My wife cleaned it and took care of it until she faint and had to sit down. I'm meeting the Dr. before work tomorrow and he's going to butterfly it back together.

felson
12-19-2004, 11:13 PM
That's the most horrible thing I've heard in a while. I'm sorry it happened. And now, I'm going to shudder every time I hear cloth rip.

4thstreetpete
12-19-2004, 11:20 PM
We need pics /images/graemlins/smile.gif

j/k, sorry to hear that. That sounds really painful.

theantelope
12-19-2004, 11:24 PM
Agreed...how else can we have a meaningful poll about which is nastier: Your wound, or Jessica Simpson?

Tron
12-19-2004, 11:40 PM
His wound. Poll closed.

Leo99
12-20-2004, 11:01 AM
No contest. No pics either ;-)

The good doc stitched it back up again this morning for no charge. Funny thing is that there's no pain but it looked really gruesome for the 2 seconds I looked at it.

Lazymeatball
12-20-2004, 11:45 AM
Hahaha, sorry for your misfortune and all, but I thought this was hilarious, including the gruesomeness you and your wife had to endure. (remember, laughing with you, WITH YOU)

BullChip
12-20-2004, 03:29 PM
Ouch /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

This sounds really painful. My mother had surgery for appendicitis (sp?) last month and the incision that resulted was pretty graphic. It looked like a mouth was on the side of her stomach and I could see the fat and everything. The stitches were just hanging to the side and all they did was tighten up the strings like a shoe lace and the lips closed. Pretty primitive if you ask me...