PDA

View Full Version : Expert river play

sfer
12-19-2004, 10:27 PM
Live, drunken, silly 2/4 at Borgata with James282, Flushed, Evan, edtost, and a couple of "real players."

James282 has an out of body experience and limps UTG+1, edtost brain-farts and limps, two other limpers, LAG NL player completes in the SB, I check in the BB with 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

7 to the flop for 7 SBs. Flop is 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif. SB bets, everyone calls.

7 to the turn for 7 BBs. Turn is the T /images/graemlins/spade.gif and it checks around.

7 to the river for 7 BBs. River is the 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB checks, I bet, James282 folds, edtost says "I raise to isolate" and raises, folded to me and I think for a second and 3-bet. Expert.

edtost
12-19-2004, 10:31 PM
I liiiike.......

James282
12-19-2004, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Live, drunken, silly 2/4 at Borgata with James282, Flushed, Evan, edtost, and a couple of "real players."

James282 has an out of body experience and limps UTG+1, edtost brain-farts and limps, two other limpers, LAG NL player completes in the SB, I check in the BB with 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

7 to the flop for 7 SBs. Flop is 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif. SB bets, everyone calls.

7 to the turn for 7 BBs. Turn is the T /images/graemlins/spade.gif and it checks around.

7 to the river for 7 BBs. River is the 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB checks, I bet, James282 folds, edtost says "I raise to isolate" and raises, folded to me and I think for a second and 3-bet. Expert.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember this one. My favorite part was when the pot on the turn doubled from 7 SBs to 7 BBs without anyone putting any money in on the flop.
-James

Evan
12-19-2004, 10:49 PM
Dude, I know you can't beat 2/4 but you can at elast learn to read 2/4 hands.

[ QUOTE ]
SB bets, everyone calls.

[/ QUOTE ]
So by "without" you meant "with," by "anyone" you meant "everyone" and by "any" you meant "".

You english good...fish.

StellarWind
12-19-2004, 10:56 PM
What were you thinking when you bet the river??

sfer
12-19-2004, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like my hand. Drinking is fun. I need another cerveza. In no particular order.

AviD
12-19-2004, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My favorite part was when the pot on the turn doubled from 7 SBs to 7 BBs without anyone putting any money in on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, I almost spit my drink on the monitor when I read that. Good math there Dave, niiiiiiice! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

edtost
12-20-2004, 12:06 AM
more importantly, i had the 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. how awesome would a 4bet have been? i think i would be able to fold to a 5bet, but my drunken state at the time may have made that impossible.

12-20-2004, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like my hand. Drinking is fun. I need another cerveza. In no particular order.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play the hand the exact same way....

when drunk.