PDA

View Full Version : Wish Party offered deals at end of step 5 tourneys

Uglyowl
12-19-2004, 10:10 PM
I was just in a step 5 tourney and the blinds were getting awfully large and heads up we were both around $10K.

We battled for a bit and decided we wanted to deal. Unfortunately there was no mechanism for this, so we exchanged phone #'s, called each other and had to deal that way.

Fortunately everything went well and we both got our $7K. What is stopping Party and others making it easier to deal. It could be even automatic, like a pause button and then type in the deal and then have to type "ACCEPT" if you like it or something like that.

Anyhow, I have $7K and am very happy right now from a step one entry.

rerazor
12-19-2004, 10:45 PM
How did you setup this deal? I imagine one of you had to take quite a leap of faith.

Uglyowl
12-20-2004, 12:20 AM
Basically, I gave him my phone #, he called me, I got his #, called him back. We decided to go all-in next hand no matter what and winner send loser $2K.

Thinking back it may have been a little stupid, but after talking with him 5 mintues on the phone and more at the final table, I guess I trusted him.

In retrospect probably really dumb, even though I had a good feeling and it all went fine. Between being super nervous in having so much $$$ on the line from a $12 bet and stuff, and making poker decisions, it happened.

The deal was fair money wise, it all worked out luckily, but wish they had something to make it safe!

-Joe

Sponger15SB
12-20-2004, 12:52 AM
So I'm guessing you lost then!

Looks like it all worked out well.

emonrad87
12-20-2004, 12:55 AM
I know that Poker stars offers this, but then again they are trying exceptionally hard to become the best tournament site.