PDA

View Full Version : 10 10 hand

Markus109
12-19-2004, 10:05 PM
This was the first Orbit no read on the opponents.
should i have checked the turn or was it correct to bet out the turn?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (21 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (13 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (17 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Greets
Markus

mr pink
12-19-2004, 10:09 PM
good bets on the flop and turn but, w/out any reads, i'd fold to the turn raise.

Shillx
12-19-2004, 10:13 PM
I don't think I'm capping this one PF. Most people will not 3-bet many hands from the SB after lots of coldcallers.

Brad

pointcount
12-19-2004, 10:14 PM
I dont really like the cap PF and I think the UTG raise is marginal (can't remember SSHE but these days I have a tendency to just limp in from EP with TT, 99, 88).

Other than that flop is good, but I fold to the turn raise.

Malcom Reynolds
12-19-2004, 10:38 PM
Don't cap preflop. Fold to the turn raise.

Malcom Reynolds
12-19-2004, 10:39 PM
You should be raising with TT and 99 for your equity edge. You are giving up too much by missing these raises.

Shillx
12-19-2004, 10:40 PM
You should really consider raising UTG with TT. People will coldcall with lots of crap. If you are playing in a tough game, then I would limp UTG. But why are you in a tough game to begin with???

Shill

Markus109
12-20-2004, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the suggestions they make sense too mee.
Villian hat KJ so he had the trips.

Tx
Greets
Markus

TomBrooks
12-20-2004, 06:27 PM
I don't like the pf cap either as some have said. I think it's a borderline hand to raise in early position; and can tolerate but is not particularly fond of a reraise.

Also, I wouldn't bet the flop because I think anyone with a K will call but not raise, especially if they have a medium or low kicker. Therefore, you may be behind and not know it.

If anyone beside the button bet on the flop, I would then be concerned about a King and/or a flush draw, especially since you got 4 callers.

If I was feeling lucky, I might reraise, making a flush draw pay more to see the next card. This might also freeze someone with a K, causing them to check the turn, which may or may not be good for helping you get a read.

A reraise on the flop could also make a K with a low kicker fold if you bet the turn K, and would probably make MP1 fold if he had lets say A8 for middle pair. (MP2 folded on the turn bet anyway which was a good thing as an 8 came on the river.)

If anyone calls the turn, I figure 10 10 is beat by the trip Ks, or they are still on the flush draw.

What does anyone think of this idea?

Cheers,
TomBk