PDA

View Full Version : trips in a multiway raised pot

River2Pair
12-19-2004, 09:34 PM
live 6/12

okay, my reads on the raiser. . .he cold calls with trash and plays passively, and he just so happens to have a lot of chips in front of him this time. I think I've seen him raised preflop two or three times in the four hours or so I played with him. He never checkraises, and will bet out with the nuts 100% of the time.

This time he raises in MP behind two limpers, two cold-call, SB calls, and I call with 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Limpers call.

Flop is T /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

SB checks, I check, it checks to the raiser who bets. LP calls, I call, BB calls.

Turn is J /images/graemlins/club.gif.

I check intending to raise, BB bets, and MP raises. LP folds, and its two bets to me. I call.

River is Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

BB bets, MP raises, and I fold.

How badly did I do?

River2Pair
12-19-2004, 10:56 PM
should I fold on the turn?

Nick C
12-19-2004, 11:33 PM
I would probably lead the flop (hoping to represent a ten).

Abandoning the turn checkraise idea once it comes back two bets to you seems sensible to me, but I wouldn't fold. You could be ahead (your opponents have no reason to put you on trips), and you could have boat outs (in addition to quad outs) if you're not.

The river card is pretty awful. I have trouble folding trips, but I suspect check-folding is best here. (I would call a single bet, but I don't think I'd call two -- especially since I'm not closing the action.)

Alexthegreat
12-19-2004, 11:55 PM
Your post is very confusing.....it appears you are the BB, but after the flop action, it reads as if you were the SB....

Why are you not 3-betting the turn?? it seems very much like the raiser has AA or KK, based on your reads, so you should be putting pressure on whoever else was in the hand to fold......If you explain this hand better, you will get better response

River2Pair
12-20-2004, 03:39 AM
Umm, yeah, I reread that, and I guess I screwed something up. Going off memory a day later is tough, compared to printing out a HH.

I was BB, for sure, because that is the only way I would be in a raised pot with that.

The guy that kept betting into the raiser must have been UTG.

I don't think a turn bet against a guy who only bets the nuts would have been good with a guy who has been paying attention betting right into him though. I had a strong feeling that I was behind, but I felt I had to see the river card and pay off if I fill up given the size of the pot.

These SoCal mid-limit games feature most hands going bet-call-call-call. A raise, even in a pot this big, is very out of the ordinary. I had to be way behind here.