PDA

View Full Version : ricky williams on 60 minutes

CCx
12-19-2004, 09:23 PM
this is so far off the charts on the 'unintentional comedy scale' that it's unbelieveable

dude is wacky...pretty high too! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

daryn
12-19-2004, 09:57 PM
i thought he made a lot of sense.

AngryCola
12-19-2004, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. When the reporter (Mike Wallace?) asked him if he did anything "worse" than Marijuana, Williams answer was classic.

"Sugar"

Peca277
12-19-2004, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. When the reporter (Mike Wallace?) asked him if he did anything "worse" than Marijuana, Williams answer was classic.

"Sugar"

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no... it was "sweets." Sugar didn't come until Mike Wallace got that baffled look on his face. I just know that MW was thinking "what you talkin bout Willis."

AngryCola
12-19-2004, 11:12 PM
Maybe he thought "sweets" was some kind of urban slang for a type of drug. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

wonderwes
12-20-2004, 10:51 AM
I go to school at Texas. Ricky is very well liked in this area. Everyone knew he was a stoner back in college, but living in Austin, he was probably part of the majority population. Ricky is somewhat similar to who I think was the sickest (does not mean the best) running back in the NFL, Barry Sanders. Barry said he was more of an athlete instead of a football player. When Barry retired, he just wanted to do something besides football. Ricky is the same way. Very nice guy, very humble, people I know that have met him says he very cool.

Now as far as being a stoner. Wait till New Years when the Rose bowl is on. You'll see Texas' 2 best offensive players, QB and RB. Major pot heads. How do I know? A friend of mine actually sells them sacks.

What the hell was up with that beard Ricky?

Toro
12-20-2004, 11:02 AM
The anti drug people should use this interview to show to young kids the danger of drugs. The guy's brain is definitely scrambled eggs.

jakethebake
12-20-2004, 11:07 AM
I went to UT with Ricky. I had a couple of classes with him, and always thought he was a very nice guy. He used to get very embarrassed when people would say things like a simple "nice game". He'd look at the floor and kinda mumble thanks. I've read he had a social anxiety disorder like Earl Campbell had that causes panic attacks in public. Ricky was a very nice guy, but I don't think there was ever anyone that talked to him for more than two minutes that thought his heart was really into football. He was definitely helping "keep Austin weird"...so what does "sickest" mean? Is that good?

ThaSaltCracka
12-20-2004, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The anti drug people should use this interview to show to young kids the danger of drugs. The guy's brain is definitely scrambled eggs.

[/ QUOTE ]you don't really think this do you?

Toro
12-20-2004, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's sort of a joke although I do think that it would be more effective than that stupid ad with eggs in the frying pan. Instead you show the RW interview and tell the kids, this guy gave up $5 million a year because he'd rather smoke dope.

thatpfunk
12-20-2004, 12:13 PM
I am sure he is financially secure. Happiness on the other hand...

ThaSaltCracka
12-20-2004, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's sort of a joke although I do think that it would be more effective than that stupid ad with eggs in the frying pan. [b Instead you show the RW interview and tell the kids, this guy gave up $5 million a year because he's rather smoke dope.[/b]

[/ QUOTE ]hmmmm.... I don't think its that simple. If it was just about smoking pot, he could have stayed in the league and done that, I think he just didn't want to play football anymore. Its easy to say "he's crazy because he gave up 5 mill a year" and its also easy to say that smoking pot is the reason(basically this is the SEXY reason that the media will focus on), but when it comes down to it, it seems like he just didn't like football anymore. Maybe he has a screw loose, maybe he doesn't, but one thing is certain to me, he didn't like playing football anymore.

jakethebake
12-20-2004, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
But not better than the don't smoke dope because you're helping terrorists... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nick B.
12-20-2004, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No he isn't

Toro
12-20-2004, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt that he's financially secure. The Dolphins are pursuing reimbursement of his signing bonus. If he has to give that back, it'll probably break him.

ThaSaltCracka
12-20-2004, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No he isn't

[/ QUOTE ]
explain. So he doesn't have over a million dollars somewhere? I mean, besides his contract, he also had more than a few endorsement deals. I don't think money is a problem for him, especially since I assume he probably has over 2 million in assets, at least .

ThaSaltCracka
12-20-2004, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt that he's financially secure. The Dolphins are pursuing reimbursement of his signing bonus. If he has to give that back, it'll probably break him.

[/ QUOTE ]dude, no way!

Toro
12-20-2004, 12:29 PM
You're probably right. Everyone is different so it's hard to judge someone elses actions based on your own point of view. I was just being flip.

Toro
12-20-2004, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]dude, no way!

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't understand what you are implying. No way he has to give it back? Or no way he would be broke if he did?

ThaSaltCracka
12-20-2004, 12:34 PM
I don't think it would break him. I have no idea how much money he has, but I would imagine it wouldn't hurt him if he had to pay it back.

ThaSaltCracka
12-20-2004, 12:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're probably right. Everyone is different so it's hard to judge someone elses actions based on your own point of view. I was just being flip.

[/ QUOTE ] Its cool, FWIW, I could be completely wrong as well. Ricky seems like a bit of an enigma.

itsmesteve
12-20-2004, 01:14 PM
i think in terms of being broke, ricky will do allright. i'm sure he's got enough money somewhere where HAVING to work at some job he hates will never be a necessity. the fact that he's living in a one room house w/o a tv i think shows that he doesn't need to go out and buy a new car/piece of jewlery every few months to be happy. i thought the interview was entertaining, and loved how ricky was loose/informal/unpredictable. a bunch of the nfl "pundits" had basically implied that wallace would eat him alive, but that didn't happen. it's already been pointed out, but the sweets are more *dangerous* marijuana bit was CLASSIC.

ThaSaltCracka
12-20-2004, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a bunch of the nfl "pundits" had basically implied that wallace would eat him alive

[/ QUOTE ] why?

jakethebake
12-20-2004, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
explain. So he doesn't have over a million dollars somewhere? I mean, besides his contract, he also had more than a few endorsement deals. I don't think money is a problem for him, especially since I assume he probably has over 2 million in assets, at least .

[/ QUOTE ]
I think they're taking back like $8 million. At least thats the figure the local sports reporters have been throwing around on the radio here.

CCx
12-20-2004, 02:02 PM
yes, he's responsible for paying back the $8 million

i think it's great that he's not going nuts inside his head anymore dealing with whatever he dealt with playing in the NFL, but you just KNOW when the money runs out he's coming back - this isn't barry sanders where he just lost interest in the game (being on a crappy detroit team will do that to you), and said to hell with records even though if he'd have played for 5 more years he'd easily have broken 20,000 rushing yards, and went on a spiritual quest for knowledge

ricky's always had mental health issues, this has been well documented - for society's sake, i hope they get corrected, but i don't want to see him back in the NFL, and i don't know how as a general manager you'd even think about paying the guy any money to play for your team knowing the baggage he's carrying

i also agree that the media is going to focus on him smoking herb way too much - this country's all about fighting wars it cant win, so this is just more ammo for the anti-drug zealots - ricky got baked for his interview, and so did i /images/graemlins/grin.gif let the man smoke! i can only envision him doing his healing mumbo jumbo and then smoking bongs and playing hackey-sack out back with his classmates all day...sounds like a pretty laid back lifestyle to me

but that $8 million payback....yeeesh! whether he's got money or not, $8 million hits you

ricochet420
12-21-2004, 12:47 AM
Do you really believe this? To think that....oh nevermind. [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ricochet420
12-21-2004, 12:49 AM
somewhere, I truly doubt he'll be that damn broke. [ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vince Young
12-21-2004, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You'll see Texas' 2 best offensive players, QB and RB. Major pot heads. How do I know? A friend of mine actually sells them sacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true.

http://rapcityz.network-alive.com/board/images/smiles/31.gif

ricochet420
12-21-2004, 01:42 AM
Curious as to why not?

J.R.
12-21-2004, 01:55 AM
Why aren't you chillin' with Cedric?