PDA

View Full Version : speak of the devil

chio
12-19-2004, 08:12 PM
UTG is your typical loose clown at party 10-20, pretty passive though, numbers i had were 60/6 over 100 hands

bet the river or give up? who likes flop bet?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (2.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

River: (2.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Billy Baroo
12-19-2004, 10:32 PM
Against passive players I think it's a good idea to bet the flop. However, if you bet this flop, I think you have to bet the turn regardless of what card comes. It's such a dry flop that your opponent is very likely to call once, and then fold if he does not improve. In this particular case, I think a turn bet is especially good because the queen is a scare card for your opponent.

Edit: Just to clarify, I don't think you should always bet the turn if a flop bet fails. But I do think you should always bet the turn if your flop bet is called on nothing flops like this one.

BlueBear
12-20-2004, 01:09 AM
Flop bets good. But I'm giving up at the river here. A 60/6 loose clown does not look at the pot size and would not fold an ace-high or even a jack-high.