PDA

View Full Version : Pushing any two from the SB

syka16
12-19-2004, 06:23 PM
This part of SNG really gives me troubles. I play mostly 22s and under most cicumstances I wait until I have 3.5BB to push any two from the SB (or top 90%ish). In general, am I waiting too long? I guess I'm looking for a guidline or perhaps someone could refer me to a good thread on desperation pushes...

Thanks

Big Limpin'
12-19-2004, 07:10 PM
You mean, like when the whole table folds around to your SB?

I think this can be a good time to push with even more stack. 5BB? 10BB even? The BB doesnt defend all-in without some real nice cards himself. If you are called, you most likely are typing "gg" into chat though. (2-1 or 3-1 odds maybe?).

If you pick it up, its like not paying a set of blinds. YOu pick up 1BB, which you just payed the previous hand.

I guess it all depends on what you have seen from the BB. If he likes to call big bets, dont push "any 2". If he has been as passive as a lamb all game so far, feel free to push. He might not even call with small-mid PPs, and chuck bad kicked aces. You DID push, didnt you? he doesnt want to risk it.

And of course look at his stack size. Big/small stacks like to call you, mid-stacks are not calling without the goods.

zephyr
12-19-2004, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wait until I have 3.5BB to push any two from the SB

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very rare that I'm ever in the situation where I have only 3.5 BB. Once I'm down to 5BB I'm pretty much open pushing anytime I can get my money in the pot first.

If its folded to me in the SB, I'm likely pushing any two with 5-8BB. There is not really any strategy that the BB can adopt to defend against me here.

Only my opinion,

Zephyr

Vetstadium
12-19-2004, 09:42 PM
Zephyr if the same one from Party stop stealing my seat (LOL).

El Maximo
12-20-2004, 10:29 AM
The main reason you can push any two is based on your stack, the BB stack, and the looseness/tightness of the BB. You want as much fold equity as possible. The best situation is on the bubble vs. an equal size stack. Your only going to get called a small percentage of the time. Like someone said earlier, beware of large and small stacks. At 3.5 BB you have lost alot of fold equity.